588,069 active members*
4,750 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Other Machines > Machine Created Art > DXF files of old stone floors?

DXF files of old stone floors?

Hello,
    Does anyone know if there is a company out there that sells finished dxf files or high def drawings of old stone floors (and or other walls and floor surfaces)? I would like to create the look of an old stone floor with a 5' x 10' router table.
    Any information with regards to this topic would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks
    Lawrence

This might help http://www.spiralgraphics.biz/viewer/index.htm Depending on your software you may be able to model from the brick textures.

Good luck,
    Todd
    www.innovative-accents.com

I was able to model this off a spiralgraphics texture in ArtCAM. Could look pretty cool as a wall panel, with the right finishing technique.

Todd
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bricks.jpg   bricks 2.jpg  

Artcam is a really easy way to take a B&W photo to a texture map, just change the contrast and brightness and you change the Z depth and scale. I know there are other programs that do the same thing but I'm not sure what all of them are.
    I have a picture of an old stone wall done in Artcam that looks insanely realistic when dropped to a relief file. If you need some images modified into relief let me know.

thank you

Thank you very much for your input and ideas. I appreciate it! If you have any other ideas or sites in mind, fire them at me.

http://www.vectric.com/ I think it will will do grayscale modeling. Check the vectric forum here on cnczone to be sure.

Hi and thanks. I have software to cut but I am looking for good stone patterns, artwork or dxf finished files to work with. I am simple trying to save some time. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Go to http://www.marlinstudios.com/products/st4/st4.htm

They have a classic stone works texture CD that is used by 3d artists. Included is a matching "bump map" which is a grey scale image you should be able to use for relief carving.

Best of all, their stuff is seamless which means you can tile it as much as you like!