587,837 active members*
3,505 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > How to decipher Haas VMC model numbers?

How to decipher Haas VMC model numbers?

I found out that a VF-0E is a VF-0 (no gearbox) with the X travel of a VF-2 (30" instead of 20"). But I don't know about VF-E. Here's another one: VF-EXT.
    If I save enough bubble gum wrappers can I send off for a Haas decoder ring?

Thanks,
    Ralph

IIRC, the VF-E (E for "economy, I think) is (was) a Haas VF-0 with DC brush axis motors instead of brushless AC ones... they were made around the time Haas was switching over, so for awhile you could chose "old" technology and save a little money (bad investment if you asked me). A VF-EXT looks like it's an extended travel version of the VF-E at 30" X like the VF-0E. --ch

VF-OE was in fact a VF-O with extended travel (30" X)..hence the "E"..and yes it was a direct drive model with no gear box..

VF-E was a stripped down VF-0 model that was a cookie cutter model that was available for a short time..no option where available..you got it how it was...Basicly it was a Base model VF0 with few frills..

The VF-EXT was again a basic model VF0 with extended travels..30" X as opposed to the 20" X for a VF-E..

All of the model you mentioned are no longer available....as Other models and option structure is now current..

As chmillman wrote..the "E" series was all Brushed Servo stuff....and all direct drive..
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)