587,386 active members*
3,690 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > how to output a stop (M0) after a tool?

how to output a stop (M0) after a tool?

1.I want to output a full (non-optional - M0) stop after a tool to move some clamps. I can't see how to do this other than manual edit after I post. I want it to output automatically, so if I go back to this program later and change something, and then repost, the full stop (preferably with comment to move the clamps) will be there.
    2. A slight modification on 1 above, I would like to output a full stop during a single tool, for example after several operations, but before the rest of the operations of the same tool. I want the code to send the tool to the tool change position (preferably some position I can specify), stop the spindle, and read a M0, hopefully with comment to move the clamp. Then start up again, with spindle on, picking up the H code, fixture offset, etc., just like the normal start of a tool. Currently I program in a dummy tool to do one short dummy drill op where I want the stop, then manually edit the program to delete the dummy tool and add the full (M0) stop. The problem is that I might not remember to do this if I have to edit the part file for a new revision later. I really want all this to be in my part program and just come out right. Is this possible? Thanks for any help

Use toolpath/manual entry. You can type in a zero return command to make the spindle retract for example:
    G91G28Z0
    M0
    Y8.

make sure the radio button in the dialog box says output as code.
    Then in the next toolpath operation, on the toolpath parameters page, check the box that says force tool change. Since that tool is already in the spindle, there will not be a tool change, but it will outout your insurance line, spindle on, recall offsets etc. It works great.

Go to Tool parameters.
    Check Canned text.
    Click on Canned text and add 1.Stop Before,With or After
    Stefan Vendin

I would think also your machine controller would have a on /off optional stop
    button

Smile

Sounds like a good place for a manual entry.

V9--There is a check box to output as 1005 or 1006 gcode.
    X--There is a check box to output as comment or as code.

1005 should output in ( )
    1006 should not.

If they both ouput in ( ). The post needs to be edited to remove the brackets from pcomment2 section.

If you need help I can make the change for you. Just post your "post".

Canned text can also be used. A value of 1 should output an M00 in most generic postprocessors.