587,125 active members*
5,290 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Exclamation Doosan DNM 500 severed hydraulic line?

The company I work for recently purchased a few new cnc's one being a Doosan DNM 500 verticle 3 axis mill. It is a 40 taper and is a nice machine. It has less than 44 hours on it. Has anyone heard of a main hydraulic line being severed or breaking which is located at the rear center of the table. Would this be from chips being caught up underneath the table? We primarily machine carbon and stainless steel. Pretty much just drilling cycles. Any input would be appreciated.

found out doosan didnt crimp the line as they should have and it pulled apart. awaiting new hose line to be ordered and installed. Maybe Mori Seiki would have been the choice I would have went with. Oh well you live and you learn. my company doesn't listen to a word I say anyway...

Typical Korean Machine tool stuff.
    The factory adjustments and crap like that they leave to the customer to sort out.
    The place I work got a brand new Hanwha swissturn that still has factory bugs
    to work out. The prox switch for the ejector bwd sensor fell apart 2 weeks ago.
    I called service, told them I need a switch and have yet to have them service the machine. I rigged the switch with and end mill holder and zip tie combo to keep running until they show up.

Kia and Hanwha don't really support the machines they sell and you end up pretty much on your own.
    I doubt Doosan is much better.

I wish I still ran Mori's.........

Maz

Had technician out 4 different times now. They can't even identify the line or even a part number of the hose that is in the machines they sell. This is poor service after the sale. I actually feel bad for my company that has paid good money for a brand new machine and it has cost them through being down over two weeks let alone the salaries of the small cnc department employees here. If it were my money I would be furious. We cant even modify the machine with out voiding the warranty.