587,698 active members*
3,714 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Bosch controls

I am in the process of troubleshooting a problem with a Trumatic 240 punch machine that uses a Bosch PLC/input/output cards. I am used to working with Allen Bradley systems and am not familiar with Bosch. With Allen Bradley if I look at a print and I want to verify an input, it tells me the rack position of the card and the input on that card. Example if I am looking for I:07/03 I would go to rack position #7 and check the #3 input. But with Bosch, the print might say input 42.4. How do I determine which input that is? Please let me know if I need to clarify my problem more clearly. Thanks :drowning:

I am not familiar with Bosch PLC but when working on unfamiliar PLC's I have found there is always a certain pattern, so often the I/O is in either blocks of 8 or 16, if it has descrete cards then establish if it has this pattern, then differentiate between Input and output, They usually start lowest from the processor and work up the farther away, the next step is to try and identify by wire number, the wiring is often labeled with the I/O bit number, in this case 42.4, this is most likely word 42 bit 4. if the input cards have LED's, try operating the input manually if possible, or another input you can identify by number, such as a proximity or limit switch and get someone to see which LED registers, then it might be possible due to the physical location of that LED to decifer the I/O module layout.
    You have to become an Electrical detective.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Al you seem to have an answer for everything! Thanks for the feedback I'll see if that will work for me.

Do you have a model # of the PLC, I might know of a source for a manual in PDF if it is the right number.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

It's a Bosch NT-400 PLC. I've actually been pulled to service other equipment in that facility so I haven't bee able to look at this machine since my thread posting but it is still an active issue. Thanks yet again Al, you da man!