588,112 active members*
5,567 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mach Software (ArtSoft software) > Who is clever enough to solve this ? steppers wont turn after update the new mach3
Page 1 of 2 12

Unhappy Who is clever enough to solve this ? steppers wont turn after update the new mach3

Since I update mach3 to the new version nothing worked anymore.

I instaled and uninstaled it already 10 to 20 times ..
    I cheked the parallel settings and also in the bios evrything is a go as it should.
    Ports and pins are as they suposed to be
    no estop problems

as soon as the mach3 loads the stepper motor unlocks itself and remains that way

The driver is beeing detected no problem there.

What to do ?

Why are you powering up the steppers before Mach 3 loads? That isn't critical, but means you have a powered up machine sitting there with no controls. Mach 3 can do weird things to a live machine when cranking up. Windows can too.

Has the machine been running correctly before?

Did you try reinstalling the older version again?
    Lee

Is there an "enable" signal used by the stepper motor driver that is not defined properly in Mach3?

everything is set up as it was before . The ports and pins are exactly the same as before I did a printscreen so I would not forget.
    The machine worked corectly before.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeWay View Post
    Why are you powering up the steppers before Mach 3 loads? That isn't critical, but means you have a powered up machine sitting there with no controls. Mach 3 can do weird things to a live machine when cranking up. Windows can too.

Has the machine been running correctly before?

Did you try reinstalling the older version again?

Yes i installed back the older version many times .. I rebooted the pc many times . The setup worked corectly before .
    Can something be bad with the software ? Bad regestry ? I run it on windows xp. I did uninstal it then reboot .. then instal the new version then reboot etc etc... alsodid this with the older version and nothing. Pins and ports are as it should be ... Motor wiring is good power is good .

In the mach3 software when i go to diagnostics i see that all my x y and z axis are labeled in RED not green . I try to change this but I can't .
    The fixture of g54 is x= 0. y= 0. z=0.

Idont know whats wrong seems to me something is with the software . With that stupid mach3 r3 version

Okay. Time for step by step checks and procedures.
    Fire up the computer and Mach 3 first before powering the motors. Also what type drives and BOB do you have?
    Lee

I have the chineese breakout board the simple one with 5 axis with parallel port.
    This drive worked verry good and i dont think there is much problem there because its a simple board. Never conected it wrong and have optocouplers so ...

The drivers are also from ebay 2 x mh860 or something like that ... 7,8 Ah rms 80 volt max and 1 m542 @ 4 ah 60 volt max.
    The drivers leds are all green . I dont realy think its the electronics.
    My opinion is that something with the mach3 driver that went wrong or the files from mach3 instalation that wont change.
    I do not want to reinstal windows all over again .. I'm afraid that this might be a drastic solution but I'm searching for alternatives.

The A+ is black A- is green B+ is red B - is blue .. Ive check this wiring to the motor , drive and breakout board and is ok.

As i mentioned before it have been working verry good untill I decided to instal the new version of mach3.
    Also I got errors from the dll ... It sais cannot load .dll

Verry strange because I instal and uninstal evrything and still got the same problems.

Okay. Time for step by step checks and procedures.
    Fire up the computer and Mach 3 first before powering the motors. Also what type drives and BOB do you have?
    I have the chineese breakout board the simple one with 5 axis with parallel port.
    This drive worked verry good and i dont think there is much problem there because its a simple board. Never conected it wrong and have optocouplers so ...

The drivers are also from ebay 2 x mh860 or something like that ... 7,8 Ah rms 80 volt max and 1 m542 @ 4 ah 60 volt max.
    The drivers leds are all green . I dont realy think its the electronics.
    My opinion is that something with the mach3 driver that went wrong or the files from mach3 instalation that wont change.
    I do not want to reinstal windows all over again .. I'm afraid that this might be a drastic solution but I'm searching for alternatives.

The A+ is black A- is green B+ is red B - is blue .. Ive check this wiring to the motor , drive and breakout board and is ok.

As i mentioned before it have been working verry good untill I decided to instal the new version of mach3.

Verry strange because I instal and uninstal evrything and still got the same problems.

That is why i now stay away from Windows lost time of live ..

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

Delete everything from the Mach3/plugins folder. (unless you are using a plugin for something????)
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Or burn you an linuxcnc cd Run stepconfig and then See 100% if it is Hardware or Software and if your Hardware is ok you can decide how to proceed fom scratch mach and reeinstall scratch Windows and Full reeinstall (i work in it and if you want to proceed with Windows i recommend it ) or just Switch to linuxcnc ,..

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    Delete everything from the Mach3/plugins folder. (unless you are using a plugin for something????)
    Hello,

Yes I searched the net and find out more.
    I did instal windows again. However the problem remains !

at the estop warning button it says "No shuttle detected of type selected" error

I deleted this shuttle plugin that was for some resons activated when instaled this new version of mach3.

The funny thing is that I can jog with my x axis but it wont find the axis itself !
    If I want to do a automated x axis motor tuning it wont move the motor !

Also in order to jog with the motor I had to make some changes at the ports and pins ! To the output pins I had to put pin 5 on active low .

This is normal NOT the case ! acording to my breakout board and its documentation this must be set to off. VERY strange ...

Also this mach3 doesnt say anything at the begining when loading like the older version (driver found or driver instaled )

I find this mach3 version a son of a ***** ! It ruin everything now.

I did again a check on the motor the drivers the cables everything is ok .

Quote Originally Posted by Tkamsker View Post
    Or burn you an linuxcnc cd Run stepconfig and then See 100% if it is Hardware or Software and if your Hardware is ok you can decide how to proceed fom scratch mach and reeinstall scratch Windows and Full reeinstall (i work in it and if you want to proceed with Windows i recommend it ) or just Switch to linuxcnc ,..

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk
    Yes i did a full instalation but It seems this new version of mach3 is realy crap !

My ports and pins seems not to be ok to this new version of mach3. I dont know why because acording to documantation I set it up as it should !

Also I run mach3 without any problems before and worked perfect with the same setup .. the same pins and ports settings.

Now for some strange reason I had to put a pin from output (5) to active low in order to get my motor locked.

Then I can jog withit but when I want to run a code or to do an automatic setup for the axis mach3 CANT move the motor.

Whats this all about ?

My cable are ok I checked them also the parallel port has the same adres as in mach3 settings ..

This new mach3 however doesnt show anything at the begining like the old version of mach3 (driver loaded or driver found or driver instaled )

This new version just complains and gives me errors like "No shuttle detected of type selected" error

I deleted this plugin and dezactivated it from plugin settings. Still problem remains.

What version of Windows and Mach are you using? It all sounds software or PC related rather than the cnc hardware setup.
    Lee

What version of Windows and Mach are you using? It all sounds software or PC related rather than the cnc hardware setup.
    Using xp sp3 and mach3 R3 (new version)
    Before I used xp sp3 and mach3 version 1.2

Okay. If you are using the latest version of Mach, which is 3. something and you were using 1. something, then that is likely your issue.
    I kept a lot of versions of Mach and my oldest is 2.02. I would expect that there are quite a few differences between 1. something and 3. something. Enough so that the XML files will not work the same. I suggest that you redo all the Mach settings. Pain maybe, but it will also familiarize you with Mach more, which can only be a good thing.
    Lee

Okay. If you are using the latest version of Mach, which is 3. something and you were using 1. something, then that is likely your issue.
    I kept a lot of versions of Mach and my oldest is 2.02. I would expect that there are quite a few differences between 1. something and 3. something. Enough so that the XML files will not work the same. I suggest that you redo all the Mach settings. Pain maybe, but it will also familiarize you with Mach more, which can only be a good thing.
    I did all the settings .. a few times again and again I reinstaled windows and reinstaled mach3 and everything ...

How do you explain the odd behaivior of the motors ? Why are my x, y and z axis all in red instead of green?

What am I missing here ?

Ebay and China?
    Lee

There is never an easy answer for odd behavior on a cnc machine. You have to go step by step to figure out the issue / issues. Since you have reinstalled Windows and Mach, start at the beginning and set up Mach 3. Sounds like you took care of that part, but you are still stuck right there. Insure you have the correct PP address, but if you have a motor moving under Mach, then that address is correct.
    There are numerous settings in the latest Mach that were not present in the early versions. You have to go through all of it. That doesn't explain why it won't revert back to the early version, however the new version may have overwritten the old XML.
    Lee

Is this a licensed version, and if so, is the license in your name?
    A lot of people sell pirated mach3 licenses, which worked fine in older versions of mach3, but cause strange things to happen in new versions.

If that's not the issue, then you need to uninstall Mach3 completely, including the driver. Then restart Windows, and reinstall Mach3.
    Then, create a new profile and set up one motor at a time, making sure it works correctly before setting up the next motor. Same for limit, home, and any othder switches you might have. Set up everything one item at a time, and don't move forward until that one device works correctly.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Page 1 of 2 12