587,173 active members*
3,915 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Digital Input problems

I m using cnc lite package with contec 16/16T PCI I/O card with opto 22 g4pb32dec relay rack , My problem is I can turn on and off the outputs but I can not read the inputs !I use g4idc5ma relays for input and they have diagnostic switches on 'em and I can manually simulate input signals for I/O CARD but cnc lite software doesn t recieve the input signals , I use 5V from computers Power Supply for Relay rack BoATD.I can only read the inputs with Diagnostic software that came with Contec I/O card.Do u guys have any ideas what it could be?>??
    Thanks

I happen to be having a very similar issue with a 48 channel adlink I/O card right now. I emailed Camsoft and they asked that I call in because it could be lots of things. Maybe easy, maybe involved.

I'd start by double and triple checking everything in the manual.

Karl

32 Position I/O Cards

These Digital Auxiliary I/O cards use either TTL-5 volt terminal blocks or OPTO 22 brand relay racks and are configured for 16 inputs and 16 outputs on one board. If two of these boards are used, then you will have 32 inputs and 32 outputs.

Follow the instructions on the following pages for PCI card installation into the computer as well as how to set up and power the terminal blocks or relay racks.

Installing the PIO 16/16T(PCI) & PIO 16/16L(PCI) Boards on Windows NT

To use the PIO 16/16T(PCI) or PIO 16/16L(PCI) boards with Windows NT, the OS needs to recognize the I/O address and interrupt level the board will be using. To achieve this, follow the steps below in the order they are presented.

1. Install the CamSoft Product Software.

2. Set the board ID of the board you will be using. To use only one PCI bus board, set it to the default setting (0).

3. Be sure to verify that the PC is turned off and install the PCI bus board into the expansion slot of the PC.

4. Turn on the PC, start Windows NT and logon as Administrator.

5. For CNC Professional, change into the ..\AS3000\CNC directory. For CNC Lite/CNC Plus and Graphical OI, change into the ..\GALILOI directory. Launch the CONFIGIO.EXE program. Click on PCI Board to expand the board selections. Select Board 1. Click on the Properties button. For board name use the drop down list box and scroll and select your board. Set the Board ID to 0, which is factory default. If you are installing two boards, you must physically set the board ID on the board itself and then select Board 2 and enter in the Board ID that you physically set for your second board. Click on the OK button to exit.

6. Reboot your computer for the changes to take effect.

7. For CNC Professional launch the CNCSETUP.EXE program. For CNC Lite/CNC Plus and Graphical OI, launch the SETUP.EXE program. Click on I/O Settings. For AUXCARDTYPE enter in your card type. Use the GETRES.EXE program to obtain the IO address of the card and set that number in AUX ADDR 1. Save your settings. (The GETRES.EXE program is located in the ..\AS3000\CNC directory for CNC Professional and the ..\GALILOI directory for CNC Lite/CNC Plus and Graphical OI.)

Installing the PIO 16/16T(PCI) and PIO 16/16L(PCI) Boards on Windows 2000

To use the PIO 16/16T(PCI) or PIO 16/16L(PCI) board with Windows 2000, the OS needs to recognize the I/O address and interrupt level the board will be using. To achieve this, follow the steps below in the order they are presented:

1. Install the CamSoft Product Software.

2. Set the board ID of the board you will be using. To use only one PCI bus board, set it to the default setting (0).

3. Be sure to verify that the PC is turned off and install the PCI bus board into the expansion slot of the PC.

4. Turn on the PC, start Windows 2000 and log on as Administrator.

5. When the “Found New Hardware Found Wizard” screen appears, click Next.

6. The ”Install Hardware Device Drivers” screen is then displayed. After verifying that Multimedia Controller is displayed, select Search for a suitable driver for my device (recommended) and click Next.

7. The “Locate Driver Files” screen is then displayed. Select the Specify a location check box and deselect all other boxes. Click Next.

8. Next, a dialog box will be displayed asking you to “Insert the manufacturer’s installation disk into the drive selected and then click OK”. Click on the Browse button. Browse to the directory where the CNC Professional, CNC Lite, CNC Plus or Graphical Operator Interface is installed. For CNC Professional the directory is ..\AS3000\CNC. For CNC Lite/ CNC Plus and Graphical OI, the directory is ..\GALILOI. Select DIO_PI1.INF. Click on the OK button.

9. Next, the “Driver Files Search Results” screen is displayed when Windows finds a driver for this device. Make sure that the name and location of the file Windows found is correct. To install the driver Windows found, click Next.

10. When the “Completing the Found New Hardware Wizard” screen displays, verify that CONTEC Co, Ltd-PIO-16/16T(PCI) is displayed and click Finish.

11. For CNC Professional, change into the ..\AS3000\CNC directory. For CNC Lite,/CNC Plus and Graphical OI, change into the ..\GALILOI directory. Launch the CONFIGIO.EXE program. Click on PCI Board to expand the board selections. Select Board 1. Click on the Properties button. For board name use the drop down list box and scroll and select your board. Set the Board ID to 0, which is factory default. If you are installing two boards, you must physically set the board ID on the board itself and then select Board 2 and enter in the Board ID that you physically set for your second board. Click on the OK button to exit.

12. Reboot your computer for the changes to take effect.

13. For CNC Professional, launch the CNCSETUP.EXE program. For CNC Lite/CNC Plus and Graphical OI, launch the SETUP.EXE program. Click on I/O Settings. For AUXCARDTYPE enter in your card type. Use the Windows 2000 device manager to obtain the IO address of the card and set that number in AUX ADDR 1. Save your settings.

Karl T ;

I m using XP Pro , do u think is it better to install windows NT ???I really want to solve this problem at my own...I think XP is having hardtime to register IOLIB.REG file !

OH NO, the dreaded I/O lib error. BTDT (been there done that)

I'm assuming you no longer have a maintenance agreement. I tell ya, these guys are worth their weight in gold when it comes to an issue like this. I'd call Gary C. and beg back on maintenance if I were you.

From what I know, this error is caused when you have something crossed in the registry. You could go nuclear (reformat, reinstall XP, install only Camsoft) and try again. This has solved things for me many times. It really doesn't take long if you're doing something else (there's a lot of wait time). I've normally just put in a new small HD - they go on sale at best Buy etc. for just a few bucks.

After you're to this point its CRITICAL that you install the right drivers - one for XP and the most recent one. NEVER let your computer see that Contec CD. After that the next important issue is the hex address that the data is at.

I've only used XP for Camsoft after having trouble with ME.

Good luck (If you're on your own, you'll need it)

Karl

digital I/O problem

I will be formating harddrive and reinstall XP again and try it .. I recently purchased Camsoft from them and I do have 1 year support ,but I wanna see what exactly going wrong on this simple process, I have some strong background with computers and I believe I should be able to solve this problem , thanks for your help and I will see what will happen these coming days....

One more thing my cnc lite software cd says version 6.1 STEP does it make sense???

Quote Originally Posted by moz View Post
    One more thing my cnc lite software cd says version 6.1 STEP does it make sense???
    You got me.

If you're using servos with a galil board, I'll warn you about the biggest trouble I've had. You'll want Galil WSDK for servo tuning. You have to install only the latest Galil drivers and this install must be complete before starting Camsoft install. Do it any other way and Galil will hijack your registry and you're hosed. DAMHIKT

Karl

One more thing, the minute you get Galil, Contec, and Camsoft all working and playing well together CLONE that hard disk. Set it aside - you'll need it one day.

Karl