588,112 active members*
5,109 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Kflop/G540 wiring check please

I already posted this question on the Dynomotion Yahoo group but thought I'd post here for a few more eyes to have a look so Tom, no need to re-respond

In the process, I'd really like to add encoders to my stepper system to be used in closed loop mode. If the homing between Mach 3 and Kmotion is similar, I may used the Mach 3 plug in in open loop or simply missed step mode while I'm getting used to Kmotion and then ultimately switch over to Kmotion once I have all of the macro functionality I have in Mach 3 replicated in Kmotion.

I'm planning on adding 3 encoders, on the X,Y, and Z axes, either 2000 or 4000 line count depending on what I hear in terms of performance requirements. Encoders will be single ended wired directly into the Kflop as I simply can't afford something like a kanalog right now.

The rest of my setup is based on a G540 with the standard parallel port wiring. Here's the wiring I intend on doing. The Kflop box will have a DB25 output that plugs into the G540 and then 3 additional connectors for the encoders. I might add an mpg into the kflop as well as I've gotten used to using the Shuttle express for certain machining operations.

Could you guys have a look at this wiring setup and let me know if it looks pretty good?

TIA

-Andy
    Attached Files Attached Files
    -Andy B.
    http://www.birkonium.com CNC for Luthiers and Industry http://banduramaker.blogspot.com