588,285 active members*
5,131 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Different Haas tool release problem

Different Haas tool release problem

I see these threads alot but none of them describe exactly what is happening to me and my 2000 haas vf-2. Everything was working fine. no problems.
    all of a sudden im getting a large amount of air down thru my spindle and tools that dont want to release all the time. When they do release they feel like they are being shot out with much more force than ever before and when i try to install a new tool into the spindle im fighting a buzzing air pressure to get it back in. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by mattfurches View Post
    I see these threads alot but none of them describe exactly what is happening to me and my 2000 haas vf-2. Everything was working fine. no problems.
    all of a sudden im getting a large amount of air down thru my spindle and tools that dont want to release all the time. When they do release they feel like they are being shot out with much more force than ever before and when i try to install a new tool into the spindle im fighting a buzzing air pressure to get it back in. Any ideas?
    The air through the spindle is normal. You are probably just noticing because of the sticking tools. The air is supposed to keep chips and such out of the bore during tool changes.

Clean the spindle bore and the tools and hopefully that will help the sticking tools. It is a common issue with the Haas, as the tools are released by air and not hydraulic pressure.

Mike
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28