587,997 active members*
1,912 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > B Axis Home Position Adjustment - How to?

B Axis Home Position Adjustment - How to?

Hello,

I have a Hyundai - Kia HX630 horizontal machining center with the Fanuc 18iMB controller. My problem is with the table (B Axis) home position. When I power up and send the machine to the home position, all three axes are placed in the correct zero position except the rotary B axis.
    When I measure the linearity with a gauge attached to the spindle, I see 6,4mm deviation from one side of the table to the other (630 mm)
    I read the instruction manual over and over, searched on the net and in the past topics here, but couldn't find the way to adjust the table in the correct position. Please help. Thank you.

if incremental encoders, and servo/home switch have not been changed, I'd bet theres chips in the decel switch causing home to be off...otherwise grid offset parameter adjusts stop point- but for reliability, switch often needs adjusted also, so switch releases about 1/2 rev away from stop position. indicate the table to zero, if its off by exactly one or two degrees, bet its just a dirty switch, and it skipped a rev after decel.

if absolute encoders(apc bit in 1815 parameter=1) it might have been cleared(dead battery?) and homed wrong. weve got some moris that are absolute, on them we just jog to where we want home to be, turn off apc/apz, cycle power, turn on apc, cycle power turn on apz, cycle power and its content that current position is zero...theres probably a easier way, as this always seemed silly to me, hopefully someone else will chime in...

If your machine is referencing fine at powerup then to set your position of the rotary axis to the position you want as home will be adjusted in parameter 1240. Your machine reference position is simply the position of the machine when it finds the marker in the encoder when referencing. What you are probably speaking of is when you program a G0B0 once the machine is referenced. This is the position that you can set in parameter 1240.

As an example none of my machines with a rotary axis will be at B0 after reference. Actually my B axis position after reference is at about 86deg from what I call B0 which is the center of my T-slot. You can not do anything about the reference position.....well nothing worth your time anyway. You will need to set parameter 1240 which is the distance from what you want as home (G0B0) to your reference position. As an example if your reference position is +15deg from what you want as "home" then you will have to set -15deg in parameter 1240. IOW when you reference the machine you will be 15deg off but when you program G0B0 it will move to the proper B0.

Stevo