Hey Guys n Gals,

Thanks to the assist from people in this forum, I have managed not to burn anything, set my controller on fire or anything else untoward.

My AXBB-E is alive, I have managed to wire up and test one stepper and it works!!!!!

The instructions for accessing the AXBB-E didn't quite work as per instructions, fortunately for me I have many many years of networking behind my belt so finding it and getting it to go was easy.

The 10.10.10.10 default subset I changed to my own IP subset which made it instantly visible to the rest of my network!!!

I could not get it to work properly via direct cable or twisted pair, that consumed a lot of time so I did it the right way.

A $12 5 port hub nice n cheap and voila there she blows - let DHCP handle it and your golden.

If it wasn't for this forum I would have been paddling the virtual river.

This is the first time for me to set up a micro controller so it was a bit of an adventure.

I can now shelve my G540 for a rainy day and get going with my new toy over the next couple of days.

Found a nice Micro XT computer case donated by the streets, people are tossing out their unwanted in my area.. I've ripper the guts out of for the box, it has fans built in, plenty of room and ventilation.

Cheers and TY TY TY..

Regards,

Steve