587,661 active members*
3,110 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > 3-Axis Router Design NEED HELP ASAP!!!

3-Axis Router Design NEED HELP ASAP!!!

I am a student at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte and am finished designing a 3-axis router but have encountered some problems. My group planned on using HobbyCNC.com as our source for stepper motors and driver boards but the University through a wrench in my plans with their policy. Every company has to accept a purchase order and well Hobby CNC doesnt. Is there anybody out there who can suggest an alternative vendor for parts similar or identical to these:

#23-130-DS8, 130oz-in unipolar rating, 3.6v, 2.1A, 200 S/R,
    2.1mH, Size #23, Dual Shaft, 8 wire
    Fastest RPM, moderate power, good for lighter duty applications
    $42USD NOW ONLY $38USD each

http://www.hobbycnc.com/hcncpro.php board specifications on this page

Have found some similar items like Hurst stepper motor through Allied and xlotex for the board. Also I am on a budget of 750 for the whole machine and a limited time frame. The design was only 650 using HobbyCNC but I cant use them anymore. Any information would be greatly helpful for this is the first time anyone in my group has attemted to build something like this.

Question

Hi

Have you thought about getting a friend, parent or relative who runs a business to act as a middle man (so that the University can issue a purchase order to their business)?

how much do you have left to get 3 motors and drivers?and do you need a power supply? I have everything you need,my motors and boards are bi-polar,which is better anyway
    steve

Decided to go ahead and go with a middle man like WannaMakeStuff suggested. Everything looks like its gonna work out. Thanks for the advice.

Glad to hear it's working out for you - I am sure you will be happy with the HobbyCNC gear, and it has the distinct advantage of being popular here on the Zone - plenty of help and knowledge available.