588,658 active members*
6,379 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > 4th Axis Disconnect on 0M Control

Hybrid View

4th Axis Disconnect on 0M Control

I am trying to disconnect a 4th Axis Rotary Table on a Matsuura MC1000V machine with a 0M control so I can repair it. I get a servo fault when I do. I can't find any instructions on how to prevent the fault from happening?

I have a machine with a OM-C control that had a 4th axis at one time, but it was gone before I got the machine. The cable for the 4th axis that originally went betweem the servo drive and control has a wire jumpered on the Honda connector to give the ready signal to the control. You may try this. If you don't have the manual, I'll take a look and see what pins are jumpered, but take a look at your manual first (don't want to give you bad info and fry something).
    Rgds,
    John B.

You can change parameter 933.1 This will turn off the 4th axis and the machine won't look for it. I would like to do mine with a jumper like John B talked about. The manual isn't very clear on how to do this.

OK guys, no guarranty implied or otherwise.

Bear in mind that my machine is a 1990 OM-C model control. There was originally a Brother brand 4th/5th axis unit on this machine, then the original integrator turned off the 5th axis but left the 4th as is described in the retrofit manuals (I'm assuming so the owner could use a different 4th axis unit).

Right now the the cable that connects the Axis Control PCB to the 2nd Servo Amplifier from connector M47 to CN1M is disconnected at the Amplifier end, and the pins 7 & 9 on the CN1M cable end have a jumper across them. If this is removed an alarm appears for the 4th axis servo ready signal missing. This was definitely not done by a professional, just somebody hacking something into place to get the machine working fast (poor workmanship).

I've seen it mentioned by someone that a switch can be installed to make this an easy affair, but don't know the complications of this (might be a diode required to prevent back feed of current into amplifier when switch is thrown).

I looked for the 933 parameter and found that my machine does not have this one.

Be careful, I don't know if this is safe to tinker with! Maybe one of the active Fanuc guru's can comment for your specific control series (HINT HINT!!).

Rgds,
    John B

Check that, pins 7 & 13! I read the connector wrong. Sorry!
    John B