588,152 active members*
4,771 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > DynaTorch > Pics and Vids of your DT in action
Page 1 of 2 12

Hybrid View

Pics and Vids of your DT in action

I thought i would start a new thread for everyone to post pics or vids of the Dynatorch in action, to post a video i upload it to www.youtube.com , once it is in youtube right click the URL then copy and paste it to your post here in cnczone.

EDD

fine detail in aluminium

Cutting 1/8th aluminium, Dynatorch, 1250 Hypertherm, 40 amp fine cut, 120ipm, 79 arc volt.

EDD

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmxfEmIM6GQ"]YouTube - fine details in aluminium[/ame]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_1968.JPG  

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9OUw_03GAw"]YouTube - MY DYNATORCH CUTTING H.V.A.C DUCTWORK.[/ame]

Next month I should be able to clean all the extra stuff of the table since I'm making some more space with some projects.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dERUwvZaiX4"]YouTube - Illusive Design & Fabrications CNC plasma table cutting air suspension brackets part 1[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naKW4FOfAM4"]YouTube - Illusive Design & Fabrications CNC plasma table cutting air suspension brackets part 2[/ame]

Morvaman,

Nice video of your system! Cutting HVAC pieces on a water table would be an issue with the water and having to wipe clean, etc.

Did you build your frame or is this a DynaTorch table too?

Thanks

Tom

Smile

Watching the part 2 of your videos sure shows that you need either an exaust system or a water table. LOTS of powdered dust and smoke in the air. Hope you are wearing a respirator in there.

yup i got my self a 3m mask the other day on sale it works great.

Tom this is not a water table and i built my table. thanks for your comments.

You guys have some great videos! Its interesting to see other peoples tables in action. I have never done any art or Hvac cutting with my table, let alone post a video? Nice work!

theres a ton of cnc plasma vids on youtoube lol ill get bored and watch em sometimes haha

Great videos guys, Morvaman what are your settings for cutting HVAC metal, Slammedxonair do you manually nest parts or use some program?

EDD

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPqKDIvx_6c"]YouTube - Dynatorch cutting[/ame]

alum moose 38x38 inch

I messed around with my settings and i didnt work very well, i slowed down the ipm travel on the Z axis to see if it would hold a steadier height while cutting, crashed it a few times so put everything back to where it was, but not before frying a nozzle and electrode...live and learn... was busy as a 1 legged man in a a$$ kicking contest during the cut so i couldnt take a vid, but heres a pic of the finished peice... i got the file from plasmspider.com, cleaned it up and cut... i should have spent more time fixing the file up, but it turned out ok i guess....

EDD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN0227.JPG  

Nice work Edwardo. I like the aluminum finish. Do you do directional sanding to ad some effect to the finished product?

Thanks Joe
    I use a flap disc on my grinder to finish it off, i try to give it as much natural lines as possible... this type of finish is one of the things i really like about using aluminium, plus it wont rust... but i may still give it a shot of clear coat or sealer to keep the finger prints etc off.... I have a nice elk i want to do the same with, see how it turns out...

EDD

I have the wecim program but I usually only use it for leads. I have a habit of nesting everything manually in autocad. Why do you ask?

My settings for 26,24 and 22 guage are arc voltage 85,feed rate 200ipm and powermax 1000 set at 30amps using finecut consumables.

Morvaman i was going to guess it was going faster than 150 ipm, it sure moves nice and smooth at that speed.

Slammedxonair, just curious how you are doing it, i manually nest parts in corel for the same effect.

EDD

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2_Frr1tVGA"]YouTube - dynatorch staniless steel[/ame]

Suzukirmz

Nice video, im curiuos about your settings for cutting under water and the cut quality, do you get any dross on the underside of the plate? Are you using fine cut nozzles, at one point in time i was concidering to change my table over to a water table and thats when i first seen your video, it is impressive as there doesnt appear to be any smoke or fumes, from the video it looks like you have a few inches of water above the plate, does this affect the torch settings at all? Have you had any problems with your torch caused by it being submerged in water while cutting? sorry for all the questions but
    your water table design interests me

EDD

Page 1 of 2 12