Iv owned v23 for 3 years now and although i wasnt very happy at the begining with the sales tactics it has grown on me so i downloaded the v24 version a few weeks ago to trial and have been bombarded with calls ever since (to be honest i expected it).
Now the V23 version i have came without the dongle and is a complete nightmare to transfer it over to another pc or the same goes for if anything goes wrong with the pc that its already on so with this in mind i asked bobcad for v24 with dongle to which i was told they dont do the dongle anymore so with that in mind they missed a sale on the day from me.
Since then iv searched on here and seen many other people who would like to see the return of the dongle but this also raised a concern with me with regard to the version i have now that dosent have a dongle.
If Bobcad should go belly up (bankrupt) and my pc crashes and i need to cotact Bobcad for the activation key then has any provision been put in place to make sure i can still use my software many years after Bobcad have gone out of business??
The same question goes to the V24 version also because im not going to spend out on the V24 without a dongle if provisions havent been made for such an event happening.
Personally i think the dongle would be the safer bet and get Bobcad more sales but thats up to them so with that in mind i think i might have to look at another system other than Bobcad as a safeguard.