Hi, i bought a hobby build machine a few years ago and havent used it for a while, It is very sloppy and I tried to tighten it up a bit ,and that may have been a mistake as some MDF delaminated.
The main reason i havent used it much is the noise aspect.

At some stage i would like to build a shed or enclosure with some soundproofing....

but anyways MDF machine has three motors , nema 23 or 24?, leadcrews, , aluminum angle with skate bearings for motion, electronics are gecko i think

one of the problems is the guy who built it took a smaller design and scaled it up without beefing it up enough.
also there is no way to adjust the contact between skate bearing and rails,

I contemplated trying to build machine with t-slot or supported rails, but i think that a better design uses two Y-motors and i could work out how to alter electronics, or alternatively 3 motors could be good for moving bed design , but this would waste long Y- leadscrew that i have.

as such id try to see if i can improve machine by improving structure slightly (thicker plywood, more skate wheels (wider bearing on rails), a way to tighten bearing again rails, and tenon box for bed.

so at the moment i have built bed, and have sketchup design nearing completion
machine is about 1200 x 600 - hoping to get 900 by 450 cutting area