I feel a bit late to the party, but I finally got into the position of replacing the old Taig and building a G0704.
Currently I'm stalled as my conversion "kit" was found to be lacking and incorrectly packaged.

The mill from Grizzly came quickly which I was pleasantly surprised on Thursday afternoon.
Two days from the MO warehouse to my shop in TX is what I would consider fast.
Saia did a quick job of delivering, even though I contacted them ahead of time to let them know I was waiting and had the means to unload.

No damage was located during un-crating and I assumed that conversion would go smoothly.

Immediately after receiving an order confirmation that the mill was available and shipping, I ordered my ball-screw cnc conversion kit and all associated motion parts(23/34) from automation technologies.
All parts came in on Friday which was perfect considering we had allocated the whole weekend to get the conversion done and hopefully start constructing the chip-tray/enclosure... but we hit some snags along the way.
In my quick inspection of the parts in the kit, being confident the kit would be complete, I spotted the 3 ball-screws and the other misc parts and previous history with them as a vendor I was satisfied and begun conversion.
We followed the (poor) instructions on their site... aka, the videos. Cast iron chips started flying from the drill press, hand drill, die grinder.

The saddle took a little more work since I didn't feel comfortable using the nearly-dead taig. Instead, we used the drill press and die grinder to cut the pocket. I did not do a full removal, but cut a recess instead checking to make sure the ball-screw would fit.
The X screw fits fine, but will need a little more cleanup prior to final re-assembly. (pocket pics are missing, I was too happy that it was going together so smoothly).

(continued)