Nobody got a tip on the oil? Should really order a can before christmas so I can run the machine some during the vacation.. I followed some of the oil lines now and some goes to the linear guided rails but it's hard to see if anything goes into the gearbox since it's a lot of covers in that area.

Today the memory arrived. Was really curious to see of this worked out. I took a fresh backup of NC and PMC parameters, installed the chips while battery powered and started the machine again. The parameters didn't drop and I was good to go on inceasing to 160M (equivalent of 60KB file) but when I tried 320M it just reset the parameter back to the smallest mem option. Tried loading it over serial but still it was a no go. Then I started to think about the chip install again. I was really carefull but one of the chips kinda slipped over "1 pin" off so it might have gotten in contact with the wrong pins. I removed that "set" of chips again, started up and I had still 60KB of working memory. Seems like I killed the chip... Next time I will pull the battery while doing this to be 100% sure I don't mess up anything! I ordered 2x new chips.

Could it be that my machine is delivered without Macro program in the ladder? I have been trying to enable the parameter but it's a no go. Last time I tried now I set the parameters in the file and uploaded it over serial but it resets back after rebooting the machine like it doesn't accept the parameter change.

I also got the chance to visit a CNC workshop today as I was lucky enough to get some POM for test running. Looks like nice chunks to run in. The alu will be after I get control running POM. I might just make some 3d printer parts out of it to have it as a project. Still missing the vice and clamp set tho so I won't be running anything before I can fix it properly to the table.