Hi all,
First of all thank all you guys for posting on this forum i learned a ton from it. I am thinking about building a cnc router myself for a long time not, but recently got a bit more serious.
I made a first design (still not completly finished) and was wondering if you guys could comment on it and maybe give me some tips.

I wanted to design a machine that is suitable for wood. If it can cut aluminium at slow speeds then that will be nice too, but it is not the aim. I don’t have a clear budget, but my aim is to stay under 1000€ and have nice rigid machine.
At my work they have a lasercutter so i can ask them to lasercut a few things for me for free (only flat parts and not on a regular basis). I regularly model in unigraphics so i have acces to that as well. I also got 5 NEMA34 motors (PK299DW-A4) and 1 driver (RBD245A-V) from an abandonned project. Other than that i just have standard tools.

Please see the attached images of my first design draft and my partslist with prices from the websites where i want to order it. I made the following design decisions:
- The machine has to fit in a small shed so i tried to keep it a bit compact. I plan to rotate the machine in a vertical position when it is not in use (still have to add this to the design).
- I aimed at a 1000x70x10cm usable workarea (doesn’t have to be exact)
- I tried to keep all lasercut parts the same thickness (3mm) to keep it simple and easy to lasercut.
- I don’t have easy acces to welding equipement so i created a design that is fully bolted (see detailed image for an example connection). This gives me the bonus that i can still take it apart if needed and there are no
deformations from welding so everything should fit and adjust nicely.

I still struggle with the following questions:
- Is it smart to use the NEMA 34 for x and y and what drivers should i use for it? I have enough steppermotors, but only one driver.
- I used a NEMA 23 for z although i still have more NEMA34s. I thought the whole thing would be too heavy with a NEMA 34 on the z. Is this the good decision?
- What power supply should i use? I can probably get a 12V 60amps power supply for free, but is this usable with these motors.
- I chose to use a Makita RT0700C spindle? Would this spindle be proper fort his setup?
- Are there any parts that i am buying for too much money (see pricelist)? I can get the bearingblocks for my spindle a lot cheaper, but then the bearing block and spindle are from different suppliers. Is there a chance that this will
result in problems with tolerances?
- Any other design things i am doing wrong?

If helpful i can also share the 3d files.

Thanks,