Hi,

I am trying to get spindle pwm to work.

I have a Warp9 ESS and a G540 Bob.

What works so far is that by flipping the "Active High/Low" at Pin17 which controls VFD FWD via a Relay, I can make the spindle on my cnc start or stop.
As i have input the correct 400 HZ, the correct max rpm of 24000, the Spindle will emediately run at ful speed when "Active High/Low" (Green/red/upp/down arrow) is flipped.

What doesn't not work is the button called "Spindle CW" in the Mach4 app/interface it self.
I expect it to start running when I hit it, and I expect the spindle % slider to actually adjust the spindle RPM as it is running.

Where should I turn my attention to make it work?

I assume It is just a matter of configurations in Mach4 now.

In the spindle tab of the ESS plugin I have but chosen PWM from a dropdown, and 400 HZ for frequency (as that is the max on my vfd)
The other options; "Duty Cycle Zero at Min RPM" "Averaging" "Report spindle rpm" "encoder Prescaler" "*Effective PPR" "Total Encoder Puls/Rev" I have not touched, Nor found through tutorials how to set up.

Another something I have tried is to Configure my Spindel motor under the tab "Axis Mapping", more specifically OB1(6) Motor5.
It was new to me hat the spindle could be defined as an "Axis" just like the stepper, but it seems evident from vids and forums that can.

Thanx for anny hint, suggestion or help!