587,171 active members*
3,045 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > X2 stock motor speed control question. New BOB has PWM out 0 to 10. Will it work??

X2 stock motor speed control question. New BOB has PWM out 0 to 10. Will it work??

Hi Everyone,

Working on finishing my build in another thread but have a question about the BOB I'm using. It has a PWM output 0 to 10 volts and a relay. I have searched and read all the threads I can find and the question on Mach3 motor control for the X2 isn't clear to me. You can see the BOB on the automation technologies site. It's the KL-DB25-5, BREAKOUT BOARD WITH OPTICAL ISOLATED FOR STEPPER MOTOR DRIVER MACH3,WITH RELAY AND PWM SPINDLE CONTROL.

Specs say 0-10V analog voltage output P1 port, P1 as PWM outputs can be controlled with optocoupler input spindle control.

Since this board has the ability do I still need another control board or does the optocoupler part mean I need an optocoupler between the BOB and the motor control on the X2?

I get the impression from the other threads that since the power supplies for the electronics in the X2 and the BOB are not the same that the ground reference is different and it lets the blue genie out of the bottle if hooked direct.

If someone could give a clear answer on how to do this correctly and why it would be great.

Thanks everyone.

Re: X2 stock motor speed control question. New BOB has PWM out 0 to 10. Will it work?

search x2 speed control G540. there is a write up where it was done with a g540
    http://danielscnc.webs.com/

being disabled is not a hindrance it gives you attitude
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Re: X2 stock motor speed control question. New BOB has PWM out 0 to 10. Will it work?

It's not real clear if that will work with the BOB I'm using.

the G540 is 0 - 10. the connections should be the same most bob are the same
    http://danielscnc.webs.com/

being disabled is not a hindrance it gives you attitude
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]