Hi all...

I got my mill direct from Syil China...

It seems the pinout doesn't match the Mach3 xml config file....

After installing the latest version of Mach3... and loading the Syil America config file.... I came to the conclusion the pinouts are wrong for my mill... I also tried the Australian file (it's metric)....

I got an "Installation Instruction Manual" with my mill... On page 8, it has the pinout, but it doesn't indicate the active state (hi or low)...

Here is the pinout listed in the manual... (function, pin)

x pulse 7
x dir 17
y pulse 6
y dir 8
z pulse 5
z dir 16
a pulse 4
a dir 14
spindle pulse 2
spindle dir 1
signal 1 3
signal 2 9
x home 12
y home 13
z home 10
a home 15
e-stop 11

Now... When i configure it as to the manual.... The inputs work like they should... E-stop... X home... Y home...

But... the steppers don't jog in Mach 3... the ouput pin lights in the diagnostic screen don't light in Mach 3 either... only the inputs show responce...

So far.. I checked and tested... the stepper drivers are getting about 48 volts.. the red light comes on the drivers...
The control board gets about 14 VAC from the small transformer beside it...

I haven't checked to see if the parallele port is outputing 3.3 volts or more...

My parallel port is enabled and the driver is loaded... its running on x378....

So... other than checking that the parallel port is outputting a high enuf voltage (MSI K8N Neo4 MB / AMD Athlon64)... and not knowing what should be hi or low for the outputs... is there something else I have missed?

Thanks,
Michael