Someone on the forum suggested that American machinists could machine circles around the Chinese and therefore could produce parts cheaper. I have my doubts. I am a 19 year old who sells on eBay and the internet. I am in school for mechanical engineering and use my business to put myself through college for Mechanical Engineering. I have gone to tech school and have my OCP A-D (fully certified) in machining.

I need someone to make what is pictured below. Its a simple part that could be made quickly on either a CNC or manual lathe. Material is 304 SS, tolerances are a pretty loose +/- .01. Finish is not particularly important but needs to be machined on all surfaces. The taper you see is a 60* taper so using a triangle inset on a manual and a part off tool will allow you to make these quick. They taper needs to meet the straight part with little or no radius so no HUGE radius inserts. I need 200 of them. I can make a DXF/Solidpart file in solidworks if need be but this seems like a simple enough program.

I will also need this same part made, but scaled down such that the ID would be 2.5" and the OD 3.1" or so.

The price to match/beat is 5.11 each to my door. (I can get shipping fairly cheaply though DHL and free shipping supplies if you need them to save on cost.) I will order 200 of each at a time (400 total) and maybe place this order every 3-4 months or so.

EDIT: The taper I mentioned is a 60* taper on the OD. Also the dimensions may change very slightly but nothing that should cause you to need to purchase different material.

EDIT 2: It might also be helpful to know that the material doesn't have to be 304. This is a weld on part so as long as it uses your normal 308 rod and can be welded to 304 pipe then thats fine. Must be SS though no mild steel. (Although I may order some in the future in MS and aluminum)