587,729 active members*
3,239 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by arie kabaalstra View Post
    i'm also thinking of writing my own controlsoftware, 'cause nothing decent is available.. i want a "Fagor-like" interface, with programmable cycles..
    I am still figuring out how to use Pokeys 55T with my cnc lathe. I am still learning Visual Basics. You have any tips or links to a guide as to how to use pokeys.

Quote Originally Posted by axis_control View Post
    I am still figuring out how to use Pokeys 55T with my cnc lathe. I am still learning Visual Basics. You have any tips or links to a guide as to how to use pokeys.

Well.. the only advice i can give you is erhm.. RTFM.. i did. seriously.. i bought a Pokeys, and took a thorough look in the manuals..

Using it as a secondary custom keyboard is really simple.. using it in software is another cattle of fish, but there are some .Net sourcecode files on the net, which would serve you well in the field of programming your application with pokeys functionality..

I did some fiddling around with these sourcecodes, and managed to make a program that would control a modelrailroad layout's signals.. i.e. when a train enters a certain section, the signal at the begin of that section would turn red.. and the signal at the previous section would turn green again.

there's absolutely no magic involved..

as far as CNC machines are concerned.. i use USBCNC on my machines.. and that has a number of shortkeys, wich i will program in my pokeys to create external control buttons..

I did some fiddling around with these sourcecodes, and managed to make a program that would control a modelrailroad layout's signals.

as far as CNC machines are concerned.. i use USBCNC on my machines..
    Thanks for the advice on pokeys.It is a bit tricky for me since I have never fiddled around with electronics as its not my subject of studies. Lately I have been learning quite a bit about electronics. I will take a through look into the Manual.

Your detailing to scale models is exceptional. Your Porsche scanning is put up by USBCNC Eding CNC - PC based CNC control

Your Porsche scanning is put up by USBCNC Eding CNC - PC based CNC control
    Yeah, i know, but Bert Eding, the author, and i sort of coöperate on the software. he wrote it, but i designed the layout..
    I also wrote some of the routines in the software, i.e. for the toolsetter.

that's one of the many reasons i will use UCBCNC on my machine.. though it might not be the standard User Interface, i'm planning on writing my own..

Yeah, i know, but Bert Eding, the author, and i sort of coöperate on the software. he wrote it, but i designed the layout..
    I also wrote some of the routines in the software, i.e. for the toolsetter.

that's one of the many reasons i will use UCBCNC on my machine.. though it might not be the standard User Interface, i'm planning on writing my own..
    wow!. You always have something for surprises.
    I would love to give USBCNC a try.

Good luck with your current build