587,086 active members*
3,004 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Laser Cutting Machines ???

Thank you for reading and helping me with this…

My wife is currently a fashion designer and we want to purchase a laser cutting machine to expand her business. We are looking to be able to cut our intricate fabric patterns, making etchings in fabric, along with being able to etch into acrylics, leather, etc. Not looking to cut metal.
    We keep contacting dealers that sell these machines and explain we are looking for prices and information on what we need. We just keep getting the sales pitch about how their machine is best and their competitor is horrible. We just cannot get a straight answer.
    She is still a fairly small fashion designer. We are not looking for the Rolls Royce of Laser Cutting Machines, but we do not want a lemon either, looking for that "Corvette/Mustang" model to start the business. ANY HELP would be much appreciated. We do not have a brand loyalty (because we do not know what we need), we are going to be running this out of our garage for a while, so we know we need an exhaust system, a PC and software and possibly an air compressor??? If you have any information on those as well, much appreciated. Thank you for your assistance and any help you could provided in unbiased opinion or article reviews!

Probably most important is what is your budget? You can get a small chinese machine for a couple thousand or you can get a nice American made machine for $100k. Being that you are only looking for simple cutting and 2D engraving, most any machine will be sufficient. I will offer my biased opinion. We have two higher end American machines here and we have few problems, they do what you need them to do and the support is readily available. I've never seen or operated a Chinese machine so I won't comment too much but you can do your own research here and see how many people have had problems with their Chinese machines and how the seller disappears off the face of the earth when a problem arises. Many guys have been able to tweak them up a bit and have them running dependably.

Your budget will likely dictate looking toward a Chinese machine, only you know that so far.

Matt

Forgot to put our budget range in, my apologizes.

I would like to stay in the $4000 range but am willing to go up to $6000 if there would be a great gain in the product by doing so.
    Again, thank you!!

Hiya AP,

Something in the 80 watt 1290 range(generic Chinese kind of thing) is a good buy, plenty big enough with good power.

Funnily enough some of the "Western made" lasers actually aren't , they are made in the same Chinese factories as the cheap Chinese machines

In your case I'd recommend say something around the 1200 x 900 from G.Wike (they are pretty active here and Melody & Tina are very helpful)

There is very little difference between many of the far eastern machines as most are just rebranded kit made by the same manufacturers.

Running costs are low and repair costs are even lower, sure they aren't all nice and shiny with expensive two pack resin paint or the latest badges etc...but then again do any of those refinements make a difference to what we all do?...not a jot.

As your in the US I'd say go Chinese, if you were outside of the US I'd say go local.

best wishes

Dave

Thank you!!

Currently we have a quote for a LC1525 that is in our price range, would this be just as good or better than the 1290?? Would replacement parts and maintenance on the 1525 be easy enough? Again, thank you for all your assistance.

Oh, and Melody and Tina. Is that their screen name if I had additional questions about these types of machines? Would they be best to ping? Thanks!!

Hiya AP,

Pretty much all the big Chinese lasers use the same spares, lens's, mirrors, tubes, power supplies, driver cards etc....

the 1525 is a fantastic machine will cover just about all your needs

Yup, Mel and Tina both post on here , look for G.Wike

best wishes

Dave

G.weike Laser machine LC1352&LC1290

Quote Originally Posted by apgars View Post
    Thank you!!

Currently we have a quote for a LC1525 that is in our price range, would this be just as good or better than the 1290?? Would replacement parts and maintenance on the 1525 be easy enough? Again, thank you for all your assistance.

Oh, and Melody and Tina. Is that their screen name if I had additional questions about these types of machines? Would they be best to ping? Thanks!!
    HTML Code:
    Hi Apgars,
    Greetings!
    The biggest diffrent for LC1325&LC1290 is the working size and for the laser machine replace ment ,mainly for laser tube ,laser power,we usully use RECI brand,the warranty time will be 8 months,for longer use ,we souldl ike to suggest buy one more for storage,once the original with something wrong ,you can replace with it without wasting time. besides these,the lens and mirrors also are consumable parts.

One more important thing,our machine warranty time is one year and after sale service is whole life ,so choose G.WEIKE, you wil no need worry again.and all our machine apply for the patent certificate to prevent others copy.

More details ,please visit our websit http://www.wklaser.com

Any questions,please feel free to ask me 
    Best Regards
    Lucy Lee
    Jinan G.WEIKE Science&Technology Co.,Ltd
    http://www.wklaser.com
    e-mail:[email protected]
    MSN:[email protected]

G.WIEKE Brand laser machine is very famous in the export market

Quote Originally Posted by apgars View Post
    Thank you for reading and helping me with this…

My wife is currently a fashion designer and we want to purchase a laser cutting machine to expand her business. We are looking to be able to cut our intricate fabric patterns, making etchings in fabric, along with being able to etch into acrylics, leather, etc. Not looking to cut metal.
    We keep contacting dealers that sell these machines and explain we are looking for prices and information on what we need. We just keep getting the sales pitch about how their machine is best and their competitor is horrible. We just cannot get a straight answer.
    She is still a fairly small fashion designer. We are not looking for the Rolls Royce of Laser Cutting Machines, but we do not want a lemon either, looking for that "Corvette/Mustang" model to start the business. ANY HELP would be much appreciated. We do not have a brand loyalty (because we do not know what we need), we are going to be running this out of our garage for a while, so we know we need an exhaust system, a PC and software and possibly an air compressor??? If you have any information on those as well, much appreciated. Thank you for your assistance and any help you could provided in unbiased opinion or article reviews!
    Hello my friend,
    this is berrry from G.weike famous brand laser machine .
    we are happy to tell you that we are the biggest company in north of china
    Glad to find your message here,we (G.WEIKE)are manufacture of laser machine in China,our auto feeding LC1612C OR lc1625 laser cutting machine can fit your demands(according your working size

pls contact with me use send email to [email protected]
    I will send prictures to you use attachment
    Any questions,please feel free to ask me
    Best Regards
    Berry zhang
    phonenumber:0086-15253132749
    Jinan G.WEIKE Science&Technology Co.,Ltd

Hello,I know your wife is a desigher and you want to buy a laser machine to expand her business,one important thing i think you should consider is the place you can supply,because the 1290 laser machine demension is almost 5 stere, can you make a place for a so big machine ,(1215 is bigger than 1290). second ,the laser tube is important,60W,70W or 80W,for fabric and acrylic and leather ,the 60W is ok, if you buy 80W ,you need to add money ,there is no need to do that ,the 1290 is 80W .
    Third,you have a Window system PC is OK ,you do not need to buy software ,exhaust fan and compressor, because these parts is standard accessories of laser machine .
    I have a laser machine .i also buy it for fabric ,the worksize of the machine is just 600mmx900mm,but it's useful.if you want to get informantion ,you can add my MSN;[email protected]