587,801 active members*
3,396 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Mechanical Engineering > Mechanical Calculations/Engineering Design > Help with acme stub thread calculation--Please

Help with acme stub thread calculation--Please

I have a project with two mating parts with a 1 3/4"-8 Acme stub 3G thread. I do not have gages or the correct tool but I do have a regular acme tool with the 29 deg included angle.

The external thread is 1.750/1.7437 od, and 1.7045/1.6959 pd. How can I check the pd on this. Is there a MOW? Wire size? If the tool angle is right, cant I just control the minor dia? This is what I would like to do but don't know what that dimension is. Its probably in the handbook, but I don't have it right now. For the external thd, I need two things please.....
    1. The thread minor dia
    2. The width of the land at the thd root(for stub thd) plus allowance if possible. I can compensate in my program to widen to correct dimension.

The internal thd--the print says 1 3/4"-8 stub acme -3G BD1.675/1.681 minor dia. I am not sure what the BD means-sounds like those are the minor dimensions.

3. What is the width of the land at the major dia of the internal thd(plus allowance if possible).

If I can make the OD thd correct, I can use it as a go gage on the other part. Any other ideas for checking the ID thread.

I know there are a lot of smart guys in here-please help me with this. It is a hot prototype for an important customer.

Thank you.

If you send me some money I can tell you where to look it up.