587,262 active members*
3,706 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tree > J325- Y-axis problem

J325- Y-axis problem

I have a J325 1990yr model. Delta 20 contol.

I can reference all the axis. Afterwards the X and Z move in the correct direction according to the control. The Y axis on the otherhand, when reference moves only toward the column or in the negative direction. I am not very far away from the column so i dont move it far in fear of breaking or damaging anything. When I try to move in in the postive direction( or bring the the table out futher on the knee) I get a y axis fault.

Is there a setting that needs to be changed to get it to function properly? It almost seems as if one of the parameter needs to be changed for direction or a soft parameter needs to have the numbers changed.

I should add, I just recieved this mill, and got it hooked up. So still getting familiar with the control.

Thanks for anyhelp.

pictures added

Solution

I know what is wrong because I has the same thIng happen to me when I bought my machine. The machine had a backlash compensation value that was set to 1.006 in the X axis. The controller would error out With a servo alarm every time I would change direction in that Axis. If I remember correctly, to get into parameter edit mode, you moist E-Stop the delta controller, change a toggle switch on one of the Delta controller boards to "Param", then take it out of E-Stop and turn the controller back on. Perhaps someone can chime in on the parameter for the Y axis backlash compensation, as I don't have the manual on me.

To check what to set your reversal comp. at you will need a dial indicator that will read tenths of a thousandth...set it up on what ever axis you want to check against your vise or something,set your reversal comp at 0 bring that axis over to your indicator, on a dynapath controler press button #5 to move the axis .0010 at a time move it a few thousandths in the same direction then set that axis at 0 by pressing 9 and moving the switch, then hit button #4 to move the axis .0001 at a time start moving it in the other direction and see how many
    .0001ths it takes before the dial indicator starts moving and thats what the reversal comp. will need set at, after you set it make sure to double check it again you will never get it perfect but you can get it real close!!!

[QUOTE=cnctoolman;1137251]I have a J325 1990yr model. Delta 20 contol.

I can reference all the axis. Afterwards the X and Z move in the correct direction according to the control. The Y axis on the otherhand, when reference moves only toward the column or in the negative direction. I am not very far away from the column so i dont move it far in fear of breaking or damaging anything. When I try to move in in the postive direction( or bring the the table out futher on the knee) I get a y axis fault.

Is there a setting that needs to be changed to get it to function properly? It almost seems as if one of the parameter needs to be changed for direction or a soft parameter needs to have the numbers changed.

I should add, I just recieved this mill, and got it hooked up. So still getting familiar with the control.

Thanks for anyhelp.
    Sounds like you need to move your X Y and Z axis to there home position manualy then rereference them. I had to do that quite a few times when I first got my j325 I kept turning it off before sending the axises to there home position!! lol

yea, its all good there now.
    figured out that I wasnt referencing it correctly. but when it first started it had homed on the wrong limit.