587,877 active members*
4,446 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

fagor 8025 z offset

Have an 8025T on a Hardinge lathe. Runs great but have come upon a seemingly simple situation that I don't know the answer to. I have a 4" length of 2"OD material in chuck. Have to turn OD, drill and bore ID, part off, then do again 5 times to make 5 spacers each .7" wide. I want to program this for one part, then have the Z axis move toward the spindle the required distance then run program again and again until all 5 parts done. I am using G90, G95 for each tool. How do I do this without manually programming all the different Z data for each of the 5 parts? Must be a way to offset this thing each time and use the same numbers?? Thanks for any info on this. Russ

There is the capability to do offset changes with the G53 thru G59 codes. Get a copy of the programming manual and it will explain the offset compensations on page 67.
    These work by going into Op mode 8 then type in "G" and it will ask for which "G" offset you want to use. I think if you hit "53" and hit recall, you can edit the settings similar to the normal offsets.

OK, I see that on page 67. Thanks for the advice. I'll play around with it and see if I can get it to work. I sure don't find the Fagor manuals to be easy to understand. Was hoping there would be a simple command to move all tools in the Z - direction kind of like tool offset but for all tools instead of one at a time as I have been doing. Would save a lot of finger work. Looks like your solution will solve the problem just fine.

Fagor 8025 help

You will find that all the error codes and stuff don't really relate to the actual problems sometimes. I've been running an Accuslide (Hardinge DV59 with Fagor 8025) for years and have actually purchased on for myself in my garage. Any questions, give me a yell and I can most likely help... Love the heck out of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by chevy4x41967 View Post
    You will find that all the error codes and stuff don't really relate to the actual problems sometimes.
    Not exactly true. Yes the error descriptions are rather vague in explaining why, but the what is always defined, and in some cases it even tells you what chip has gone bad for some of the hardware faults.