587,529 active members*
3,506 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 4 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by tejaswood View Post
    I do have to say though, I agree with Bec Weir... I am sure I would pretty much say the same thing if I had the problems that he has had with them and their equipment.

Bec,, always wanted to vacation in Australia... send me a plane ticket and I'll come out and help you with your machine... :cheers:
    Bec, short for Rebecca.

My FSE Deluxe Hobby laser machine is currently filled with old blankets and makes a FINE cat basket for my cat in the garage. About all it is good for.

I have a lovely NC1290 100w RECI doing a bang-up job of what I want it to do, without any problems, right out of the box. I should have bought it first, saved my money and all the anguish and heartache the FSE machine and Henry Liu caused me.

Hehe just hope your cat doesn't figure out how to operate the laser!

If you wanted to get a bit of money back on it, you could probably flog it off on eBay as a hobby project. If the XY gantry and laser tube etc are all in working order, someone would probably pick it up for a project.
    Build logs and other projects of mine: http://nqlasers.com/

thats pity to hear, i must admit that from the start i have had problems with it.
    i own a 40w version and regret that i bought it , i am working allot but barely using the machine because of all the problems i have had with it and i still can't get the mirrors good aligned.
    bought slides and material to build a new laser so im sure all things are straight and working correctly

The Better Business Bureau only lists one complaint, and that that one is resolved.

http://www.bbb.org/southern-nevada/b...as-nv-90014429

Quote Originally Posted by Winks View Post
    The Better Business Bureau only lists one complaint, and that that one is resolved.
    I think that is more a display of just how much the average good citizen of the US will put up with. That said after this link has been posted I have a "gut" feeling that number isn't going to stay at 1 for very long.

cheers

Dave

Have you ever dealt with the better business bureau they are pretty much worthless. They have no power and just report any claims. they close the issue with no satisfaction. I dealt with them on several occasions and got the same results. They say to work it out by yourself. and after a certain time the complaint is removed.

About as much use as a chocolate teapot then

cheers

Dave

Hey Bird,

sorry to hear about your experience. I actually just talked, at length to Jason at FS. I had been considering FS, and had even been approved for financing, when I found another scathing review from someone who won an FS via an instructables contest. I left the finance company a message thanking them for their quick help, and forwarding the review that I'd found with a note that I couldn't justify risking $3K on a company with the sort of service that the review suggested. I also told them to feel free to forward my note to FS. Jason called me in response and offered to talk about it. He told me that the winner of the instructables unit had actually received a used one of their units, through a third party and not directly from them, hence the issues in service. Reasonable. However, I had since found your post above and read it to Jason, first declaring that it was my expectation that you would not be contacted and threatened as a result, as doing so would be an utterly inappropriate act by any vendor. He agreed, so please do post if you have any negative repercussions from FS as this is utterly unacceptable. We had a frank discussion as to their product position and policies and I conveyed the opinion that, if the numerous allegations of strong-arming paying clients are accurate, what a catastrophic error in judgement that this is. In this day and age, that sort of inappropriate policy cannot, obviously, stay hidden. I told him that, for the few potential clients like me that would be actually willing to dialog with FS over such reports, surely there were hundreds that would simply write them off as an option. My expectation would be that the next call that you got from FS would be an apology for your bad experience followed by a commitment to help you get your unit on track, therefore allowing you to post a nice, favorable review of their commitment here. A couple of the points that Jason made do, in my opinion, do have validity. They are offering hobby lasers at a price point that is actually affordable for hobbyists for whom most other vendors are out of reach. As such, he said, that these units do need fussing and adjustment-the compromise for saving several grand which, understandably, leads to unfavorable reviews from armature users who don't have the tinkering bandwidth. Also, he is aware of proportionally higher power supply issues with the gen five, more in it's beta phase, which they are working on solidifying. Their pro series, a bit more expensive, uses components with a longer track record, and is a better choice for certainty and reliability. My comment was that those were reasonable arguments and that I, a reasonably skilled shop rat, would certainly be willing to do my share of fussing and manual adjustment to save $3k or so. What was not acceptable, I said, was having a vendor not back up their product in case of a component failure and, certainly, not threatening a client with legal action for daring to post an honest report of their experiences for the benefit of potential clients. Such a thing is utterly despicable, in my opinion, and we agreed on the critical value of, even if it costs a vendor a couple of bucks here and there, committing to their patrons from the standpoint of customer service. So, I'm seeing mixed reviews-general agreement on the quality of their software and interface, and good and bad experience reports. There is certainly a great spot for FS as a provider of units at half the price of, say, epilog and my hope is that they will close the loop on the glaring shortcoming in their commitment and customer service. I haven't written them off as a potential vendor, and hope to see upcoming reports of a re-commitment to appropriate service and product support. Bird-thanks for your frank review and please do contact me if you have any backlash from FS,

They are offering hobby lasers at a price point that is actually affordable for hobbyists for whom most other vendors are out of reach. As such, he said, that these units do need fussing and adjustment-the compromise for saving several grand which, understandably, leads to unfavorable reviews from armature users who don't have the tinkering bandwidth.
    I buy a laptop for $3,000 instead of buying direct from Sony at $5,000 and the fact I got it cheap covers the fact it won't boot up or run unless I spend hours mucking about with it?
    Err in the UK we have a "fit for purpose law" that covers this kind of attitude from sellers.

he is aware of proportionally higher power supply issues with the gen five
    Most likely because they are using the Chinese copy of the Japanese PSU, the genuine JP PSU's are ultra reliable but cost a few bucks more.

There is certainly a great spot for FS as a provider of units at half the price of, say, epilog
    That is akin to comparing a Ferrari and a Ford Focus, they are both cars .In the case of Epilog they offer almost zero tinkering machines with ultra relaible RF Laser units, not home hacked versions of basic Chinese machines.

glaring shortcoming in their commitment and customer service.
    I get about 100 emails a week about laser problems (I run a UK based laser forum)of those 60% are slamming FSE and their attitude towards customers from people all round the world.
    I may be looking at it all rather simplistically but to me

If It quacks like a duck

Waddles like a duck

Swims like a duck

There's a pretty good chance it isn't a Cat.

As a footnote, the machines are made by G.Weike and can be purchased for a LOT less buying direct from China (all be it without the retina engrave cards) as well as comparable machines from Hurricane (John) and Rabbit (Ray) inside the US. The poor record of customer service from FSE isn't doing Weike's reputation much good either.
    Sorry but justifying crap service, egotistical threats and poor quality control just because something is cheap doesn't hold water.

When I buy a house, I expect to get a house...not a pile of bricks I have to assemble myself.

best wishes

Dave

Yea, I'm not defending FS, just reporting-certainly, if the hobby version requires skilled user fussing, they should divulge that in their description. Some, certainly, would readily consider $2K extra in their pocket to be worth a few hours effort. Also, obviously, there is no excuse for abusing or strong-arming customers for any reason. However, per your house analogy, people do regularly buy "fixer-uppers" and other homes substantially short of typ market value, willing to endure work for a much lower investment. As much as anything else, since I discussed this post, specifically, with FS, I wanted to put out the entire content of the conversation for bird's benefit. Finally, I don't have any need to demonize FS or any other company. There are both good and damning reviews about FS, and I'm sure that the truth is somewhere in between. I'll definitely check into the brands that your mentioning.

OK, just went to G. Weiki site-nary a price to be seen. Are they $1K? $5K? $10K? any way of telling what model $ are without having a sales guy bug you?

K. seeing some prices-if it's a good unit, they are quite reasonably priced. Any requ's for an american distributor?

Speak to Lucy Lee, Mel ,Jenny or Abby. They are always around here they will be able to help (and they are all really nice ladies as well)

They don't do the hard sell either and as yet I haven't seen an outlandish claim from them either (many Chinaside sellers make all sorts of insane claims about machines abilities)

They get spares and replacement parts out worldwide (from what I am reliably told) in many cases faster than even in country suppliers do.

I have no connection with Weike but I also don't go recommending monkey outfits either and Weike are my Chinaside vendors of choice based on numerous good reports I get about them.

best wishes

Dave

PS: My biggest complaint about all vendors except Frank Wang at XYZ is the lack of published prices

Yea, that's great, Dave, thanks for the advice. I am already shooting emails back and forth with Quiven Lui, who had posted as Chloe on one of the other threads on gwieki. already got requ's on several in my price range (I told her up to $5k, and there are 7, and all 60W+ to boot). I'm thinking the middle priced (about $3500) LC6090 80W, which certainly is, compared to the other companies I was checking, a lot of machine for the money, especially considering the numerous positive reviews. Seems like, even, their low end, the LG6040 would probably be pretty cool, and its only $2500. I'm going to have her send specs on capacities and cutting capabilities. I'm a designer, artist and sculptor and will be doing things like small sculpture, especially geared automata sort of things, and it seemed like a laser cutter would be a great investment to facilitate. Glad that I ran across this forum. here is my website to check out Welcome to the Monkeyhaus
    peace
    Bob

I don't consider the months of swapping out three Retina Engrave cards, two motor controll cards, two PSU's, two CO2 tubes and checking, rechecking and checking again EVERY nut, bolt and hot glued screw for over six months, only to end up with a 40W machine that cuts mdf at less than 10mm/sec with three passes, "fussing".

I only wish that Full Spectrum Engineerings' "Representative" was not 5000km away from me on the other side of the continent, and had had taken part in the fiasco that was my experience with a Deluxe Hobby Laser 4th Gen. That way, I would have happliy had the machines labled as lemons, unfit for purpose they were imported and banned from entry to Australia.

My TWO FSE 4th Gen Deluxe Hobby Lasers were utter crap and my experience with Henry Lui and his rants about me on this forum have left a lasting taste of crap in my mouth.

No doubt, and I definitely wasn't including multiple failures of components in my characterization of "fussing". That is absurd, obviously. It's crap that anyone buying anything to the tune of several thousand dollars isn't getting, at least, a product that requires minimal tuning. From what you and, seemingly many others, are reporting, I suspect that this usury posture is filtering down from Henry Lui. Stupid assumption that anyone in the internet age can get away with that low standard with respect to customer service or product support, and not have the community find out about it. Happily, I've taken the advice of several here and am dialoging with gwieki, whos person seems to be bending over backwards to get me everything that I need instantaneously. I hope that your next experience is nothing like the one with FS

Oh no, I have a lovely 1200x900 100w from China and it has worked perfectly, straight from the box for the past nine months.

Quote Originally Posted by Exsecratio View Post
    They don't do the hard sell either and as yet I haven't seen an outlandish claim from them either (many Chinaside sellers make all sorts of insane claims about machines abilities)

They get spares and replacement parts out worldwide (from what I am reliably told) in many cases faster than even in country suppliers do.
    I've never been given a hard sell by G. Weike or any other Chinese supplier for that matter. Request for quotes from G. Weike have alway arrived within half a day (there in a different time zone than me) and spares have been shipped promptly.

great-good to hear. I'm chatting w g. Weike right now. The rep that I'm emailing back and forth is Johnny on the spot w info. Good energy. It was very productive to find this forum

Bob

I also bought a laser from gweike. Should arrive here the 13th next month.
    Never but never of my life again a laser from fs...
    Only thing I liked was the software they kept updating.

The rest. Well. You see enough messages here about it for molding your own opinion I think.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9300 met Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 1234