587,669 active members*
3,814 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

G0704 Ballscrews

Im ordering ballscrews . I was going to order them from kelling . Because the in the Usa . Has anyone ordered from them? Also how many nuts(the threaded one at the end) did they send you for each axis? I usually see kits with only one but ever machine ive seen usually has 2 including my old dm2400.
    So I dont want to go chasing down a second set of metric nuts.
    Has any one had problems with there ball screws?

I would almost bet they are the same. Keling might actually do some in house machining on Chinese screws. If you use 2 ballnuts per axis you will sacrifice a bit of travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Arich0908 View Post
    Also how many nuts(the threaded one at the end) did they send you for each axis?
    I can't speak for the Keling ballscrews but the Chinese ones come with only one lock nut per threaded end. It has a setscrew on it to lock it but it never worked for me and always came loose so I added a second nut. I had a hell of time finding some fine pitch metric nuts that fit...and I live in Canada!

I would ask for extra ones before ordering or use some locktite unless you're like me and the machine spends most of its time dissembled awaiting another mod.
    -Leo

No im not into building machines , it will be for production. But I also have 4 machines SX1 , DM2400 , G0704 and 6x26 Knee mill.
    That my next project CNCing my 6x26 .
    I wrote keling there reply was they only have standard ballscrews. . I didnt know I wanted a non standard screw.

Any one who reads this in the future go figure kelling sent me two nuts but there just regular nuts. Im going to tap them for a set screw.

Quote Originally Posted by Arich0908 View Post
    Any one who reads this in the future go figure kelling sent me two nuts but there just regular nuts. Im going to tap them for a set screw.
    Actually he did you a service. The nuts from China with the set screws are not cut square and would most likely apply uneven pressure to the bearings.
    A lazy man does it twice.

Fastest1 Ive heard others complain bout them also Iwas thinking of grabing a locking type nut . Theres a comany 20 mins from me that sells ever nut bot you can think of they even carry acme threads and nuts best of all there dirt cheap . Nutty.com

Any one know.
    What bearings are you suppose to use with theese balls screws?
    I went and looked and they dont fit in the stock ones. Thankfully. Im guessing its some type double bearing with 12mm ID

automation technologies inc AKA Kelling has the worst costumer service. Every question I ask them the answer is its standard. I dont even know what that means. I get no help from them what so ever . Im trying to find out what ball bearings were machined for the ball screws. I know the ball screws were machined for the BDtools mounting kit.
    I get no customer support from them at all and its very frustrating considering I just spent close to 1500.00$ with the this month. Im really at the point of returning everything and buying from another seller just so I can get some customer service with some one who speaks and write English and actually cares .
    I went back and forth over getting a extra set of nuts with my ball screws and settled with the fact that they didnt understand what I was asking . They went on to tell me only one came with each. Then on the day they came each one had two . I wrote them and they responded o yeah that standard. WTF does that mean.
    Alls they do is ship parts from china to us and have no clue as to what does what and why .
    Are I wrong for being upset that they wont tell me what bearing go to the ballscrews they had machined?

well dude, if they are made for the bdtools kit then you should be asking bdtools for the info as they are the designer, not keling (AT).
    keling is just a seller. if you are making your own mounts to use the keling ballscrews then you have to decide what 12mm ID bearings YOU want to use, there are several types that will work but relying on keling to tell you is fruitless.
    hope this helps
    Hoss
    http://www.hossmachine.info - Gosh, you've... really got some nice toys here. - Roy Batty -- http://www.g0704.com - http://www.bf20.com - http://www.g0602.com

Hoss I hear ya , Im not the designer and seller .
    Yes there are plenty 12mm inner diameter bearings that will work but the screws are cut for a certain thickness.I know its a thrusts bearing and a double angular contact bearing on one end and who knows on the other.
    BDtools didnt have them made for his kit specifically he isnt the seller of them. Kelling out sourced and had them made. For the BDtool kit kelling sells.
    Kelling states there just update screws. Thats it. There pre machined screws they were machined like that for a reason I dont think its to much to ask why they were machined like that.
    If I want to mix and match parts I would of contacted another source and machined them myself but I didnt . I went to some one who did the machining here in the usa and spent extra money for it.
    I want customer support something rather than three lines that make no sense to me.
    Ive sat here trying to match up bearings with thrust bearings to equal out the thicknesses the ball screw allows.

What makes you think keling (automation technologies inc.) did the machining? I have been to their facility and unless the have another facility somewhere else I can tell you they didn't machine it there. Also, you can put a spacer between bearings or make bearing mounts to match the turned end of the ballscrew. Sounds like you are trying to blame the vendor for your lack of knowledge.

I know kelling didnt machine them. Were did I say that? They had some one else do it. I would never expect them to operate a lathe/mill and use math.
    Im not just going to fill the space in where bearings go with spacers. Thats just plain out jerry rigging something. Thats not me.
    I understand I have many options.But I want the correct solution. This not my first CNC Ive built. Believe me there is no lack of knowledge. I payed kelling to not have to think about the whole ball screw machining process. I got machined ballscrews not unmachined ones that I have to decide everything on. The dimensions are machined to those specs for some reason. They fit BDtools kit. He uses X size bearing.
    I feel All and all these looks exactly like the ones on ebay . Why didnt I just buy those at a much cheaper price. Because I didnt want to deal with it. I ordered from a company that is not willing to give me any support no matter what I ask them . Everything I ask them there clueless. I get better responses from my cat.
    I have a lathe another CNC ect . I could of ordered ball screws decided on measurements ,machined them my self and picked bearings
    I just want to know why they were machined the length they were.
    Im blaming the vendor for having 0 knowledge of there product . Not even a little he couldnt even tell me what material its made from . Ask him he will write you back the standard material. Ask him what shipping time is he will reply shipping time is usually the standard shipping time . He knows how to buy stuff from china and resell it.
    I want to buy from a company that offers some type of help to there customers ... Its called customer service . I didnt make him sell the product he decided to . This is there business you would think they would know a little about it. They are telling me the ballscrews fit the regular G0704 the way the are.
    So if they wont tell me why the ball screws are the size they are. Then Im just going to return them and get them straight from the source and save 100$. Do the machining myself and design bearings the kit it looks like Im going to design any ways. I just want what I payed for .

so why didn't you ask questions of keling BEFORE you blindly purchased them? you say you can machine your own and design your own kit but you can't figure out how to make mounts to fit these. it's not rocket science.
    walt

Hey Walt ,
    No need to come in MY thread with the Nasty remarks. You obviously cant read to well. Please go troll some one else thread.
    I did ask before they were purchased, he told me they were the standard ones that come on the mill with standard sizes. Thats one of many of my problems. You came here read a few lines and just jotted down some sarcastic stuff to say.I guess you gota take the frustration out some were

After doing some reading come to find out there are allot of people that have problems with John from kelling. Also im not looking for a fight or people to come post nasty stuff as passing through.I know whats involved with matching up bearings and making mounts its very simple thats just not the point. I want to inform any one who is will to read about my experience will Automation technologies aka Kelling.
    If any one gets anything from this please use CNC4PC I wish I would have purchased everything through them. They sell everything that kelling does at the same price. I purchased a few small thing from them but they were fantastic compared to kelling.
    KL-5056d drivers failed mill (15) - YouTube 3:00
    » antibacklash ballscrew upgrade on RF45 ZAY7045 Milling machine ? Part 1
    "Dealing with Kelling Inc. is problematic at best. I have made four separate purchases from them, and twice I have had problems. One time they sent me the wrong part and then tried to make me use what they sent instead of what I ordered in spite of it not working for my application. Finally though, Kelling Inc. resolved that particular issue by sending me the part I ordered but it was a hassle to get them to do so. With the ballscrew, my issue was that unlike other vendors they do not including the 15mm x 1.0mm nut that threads onto the ballscrew to clamp it against a 5202 double angular contact bearing. Having used higher end ballscrews for industrial repairs and machine designs in the past experience shows that other vendors include this nut (a sub 1$ part) with their ballscrews. Kelling inc’s answer when I called to discuss this issue was that the nut is not included, nor available for sale individually, but I could buy their fixed end bearing mount BK15-C7 (Fixed End) for $82.95 and then get the 15mm x 1.0 mm pitch bearing retaining nut I needed. I was not about to spend $83 for a $0.87 part. With no solution offered by Kelling Inc. I set about finding the rare and elusive 15mm bearing retaining nut. Scouring the net and my supplier database from the day job I found an industrial supply company that would sell me a few of the 15-1.0mm bearing retaining nuts manufactured by whittet higgins, part number KM-02. I ordered my 15mmx1.0 nut from the local KAMAN Industrial Technologies office down in Manchester as they would sell to me with no minimum order fee."

After doing some reading come to find out there are allot of people that have problems with John from kelling.
    People need to understand that Keling is basically just an importer and reseller of Chinese goods. If you want a good deal on Chinese products, and don't want the hassle of dealing directly with China, then they are an excellent source. But, if you need someone to tell you what to buy, or how to use what you're buying, then you probably should be buying elsewhere. Keling isn't an expert in machining, machine building, or motion control. They just buy and sell stuff, and nothing more.

If you need the support of knowledgeable experts, than it's going to cost 2x-3x more.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Yes I found that out the hard way Ger21,
    I wish I would have read little more rather than just jumping the gun and making a big purchase at once ( big to me )
    Thats why im upset I was going into this thinking they fit the stock G0704s setup.That is what John wrote me. I didnt even mind when I found out they werent those sizes. I thought I was buying from a person that had some knowledge to what he was selling.
    Every one praises keling and his price Ive never seen any one say he really knows nothing bout his product. Prices are great customer service is bad.
    Im past all this . Im going to return the ball screws ive all ready purchased some that are not machined . Its really not that big of a deal to me . I just dont want to fit these ballscrews with something it wasnt made for use a bunch of washers to take up the slack and wonder why this and that isnt right.