Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
Well, yes. But the issue we are talking about isn't a "laptop" issue.
Right. But, try to shop for a laptop that doesn't have integrated graphics and isn't $2K.

My brother runs a laptop exclusively, although, I recommend not to. It's just not the computer to use for the task. The only reason someone should use one is if they "are SO MOBILE", like on planes or in hotels all the time.
That's me!!! 18-20 days a month.

The laptop he is using is a dell precision m3400 or something like that. It doesn't have an integrated graphics system. It has an Nvidia quadro card in it.
I'll check that out. Probably a gaming type laptop for use with applications that have big graphics demands.

In the meantime, I have to get this BC running soon. So, I'm going to strip the HD out of this cheap machine and install a new HD with my old copy of Win7. It'll be two more weeks of migrating applications, emails, and documents, etc. But, at least I'd have something that runs and it will be the least expensive option when compared to an expensive laptop that will get beat up going thru security or copy of V26 (that will also need the better laptop).

It's never simple.
Thanks for all your help and insight.
R/Todd