587,470 active members*
3,125 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > Tormach Flycutter Dimensions Please

Hybrid View

Peter - try searching the store for "fly cutter" - that is how I initially found it. I was looking specifically for a replacement tool holder as I my 2nd hand tormach came with the fly cutter and I am embarrassed to admit I broke it within the first week - but at least I learned its limits.

Ray, I am curious to know - do you use your Glacern facemills with the TTS? I have the 3" FM45 but it's sat on the shelf since the Tormach arrived and I have not really bothered to see if there is a TTS-compatible arbor for it.

Quote Originally Posted by jcposada View Post
    Ray, I am curious to know - do you use your Glacern facemills with the TTS? I have the 3" FM45 but it's sat on the shelf since the Tormach arrived and I have not really bothered to see if there is a TTS-compatible arbor for it.
    No, as I indicated, my 4" Glacern has an R8 shank. It takes a 1" arbor - I don't know that you'd find a suitable arbor with a 3/4" shank. I, for one, would not try something that big on TTS. I do plan to use TTS for the 2.5" face mill I just bought. I've been using TTS with a 2" face mill for years, on both aluminum and steel, and never had a problem. Id' be willing to try a 3". Certainly it would be fine for finishing - I wouldn't get too aggressive with it. But, I don't know where you'd find a 1" arbor with 3/4" shank. The 2.5 I just bought takes a 3/4" arbor.

Regards,
    Ray L.