588,672 active members*
6,275 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > Duality Lathe with 4th Axis vs 4th rotary table

Hybrid View

Re: Duality Lathe with 4th Axis vs 4th rotary table

Cnc dude i dont know the tormach lathe but i have a vmc Mill a german 4th axis and an cnc lathe there Are Jobs where the 4th axis is much better than a lathe but some Jobs are better done by a lathe ...
    I dont agree with Cutting length and forces my 4th axis can take a lot of forces but there is a Limit my lathe is for sure strong er in some cut s .. just my 5 cents ...

Quote Originally Posted by Tkamsker View Post
    Cnc dude i dont know the tormach lathe but i have a vmc Mill a german 4th axis and an cnc lathe there Are Jobs where the 4th axis is much better than a lathe but some Jobs are better done by a lathe ...
    I dont agree with Cutting length and forces my 4th axis can take a lot of forces but there is a Limit my lathe is for sure strong er in some cut s .. just my 5 cents ...
    TKamster, just so that we are all on the same page, we are discussing here the Duality Lathe from Tormach which is not to be confused with their 15L Slant-Pro Lathe. They are both CNC Lathes, but the Duality Lathe requires the PCNC1100 to become a CNC Lathe. Otherwise, it is just a conventional 7x10 mini lathe. But to be honest, comparing these two lathes is like comparing a Cessna to a 747.

Also, my statements have to do with using the Duality Lathe as a 4th axis (which is an option Tormach offers), and not using the rotary table 4th axis as a lathe. I completely agree with you! There are some items which are better done on a lathe and whoever doesn't want to see this will require the 3 tons worth of concrete removed from their eyes ;-)
    I document my CNC Experience at CNC Dude's Youtube channel. Check it out!

Hi,
    now we are on the same page my bad i thought that this Duality Lathe was only an try like the Injection Mold
    i have seen the video .

So i am interested because my next project is a trunnion setup (i already have bought the harmonic drive ) and i bought also an manual 4th axis to convert it to cnc.
    i have an VMC similar to tormach (but build in Europe ) where i have plenty of room in Z axis

So thank you for the info thomas