587,098 active members*
5,917 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > missing post errors

missing post errors

lately I have been getting a lot of these "missing post errors". it happens in the middle of doing anything, except messing with the post. the post is in its folder just as always, nobody is messing the folder or file of the post, but yet I still get this error. it's not that huge of a deal except like I said, it is becoming more frequent. has anybody else seen any of these errors???? screenshot attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ERROR_MESS_MISSNG_POST.jpg  

Re: missing post errors

go to current settings/default and make sure the correct machine and PP are selected.

for any existing files,go to current settings/part and make sure the correct machine and PP are selected.

when I pick my machine at a new setup, the correct post pulls up with.

never the less, when the error happens and solidworks crashes, I am not doing anything with the post........

OIC,,,Not real familiar with V4

So the features and setups will retain the settings and configs that they were made with.....

Your listed posted in the machine is listed as "FANUC_0i_MC.millpst" but the feature seems to be looking for "FANUC0i-MC.millpost".....

You can handle it a couple ways.... If you have a lot of features/old files that are doing this, rename your current post processor back and set it as the machines default. Or copy the current post and rename it and maintain the 2 posts. Or, when you open the files/features that produce the errors, cycle through the entire project by editing each feature and recomputing the toolpaths, then saving the file. If you are loading features to create this, be sure to resave the feature once it's been cycled.

good eye Burr

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    So the features and setups will retain the settings and configs that they were made with.....

Your listed posted in the machine is listed as "FANUC_0i_MC.millpst" but the feature seems to be looking for "FANUC0i-MC.millpost".....

You can handle it a couple ways.... If you have a lot of features/old files that are doing this, rename your current post processor back and set it as the machines default. Or copy the current post and rename it and maintain the 2 posts. Or, when you open the files/features that produce the errors, cycle through the entire project by editing each feature and recomputing the toolpaths, then saving the file. If you are loading features to create this, be sure to resave the feature once it's been cycled.
    Hey thanks for trying BurrMan. I was trying to explain that it's not a matter of me choosing the correct post, as this just happens randomly while working on a job. It doesn't matter if it's an old program ran before or a brand new job, but mostly it happens on new jobs for the simple fact I rarely ever go back and rework an old job. Anyways I did notice the differences that you pointed out and have changed everything to be more precise.

It still happens..............

I think I had this happen when I switched computers, and transferred my old files over. I know I had to reselect a few basic settings when I imported my old files. Try reselecting the same post, and save the settings.

I use V4 on a daily basis at work. Its settings are very similar to V27.

So does anybody else want to take a guess? It is still happening. Here is the latest screenshot of it in action. As you can see I have went back in and tidied all my files up. The post file is renamed to match exactly with the machine. I changed all my file paths to keep everything on the C drive instead of working off the server. This is a brand new file guys, not re-opening an old existing file. Like I originally posted, this just started happening and has been more frequent. It ran fine for months, with all my old settings and then just started happening. I have now changed all my settings(as advised) and this is still happening.

Has anybody else seen this error??

Thanx guys!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mssngposterror2.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	296834

You can solve this by attaching 3 items. (All the settings that need to be looked at will be included.)

Your bbcd file that produces the error.
    The post processor you think you have defined for the part.
    The machine files located here: (C:\BobCAD-CAM Data\BobCAD-CAM VXX\MachSim (Path for V4 needs to be inserted here)

Zip those up and attach them.

This just happened, this is a brand new job and as you can see I ran the first 2 operations through just fine, and then without warning I get it on the third job. Settings or machine files didn't change. Glitch. But it is happening more frequently. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MISSING_POST_ERROR.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	301478

So today it is not crashing when this happens. Usually when I click on the OK button within the error dialogue it crashes SW. Today it is deciding that even though it thinks there is no post, it is still letting me go through the rest of the setup steps..............

crashing SW today.........................