587,427 active members*
7,089 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Vertical Mill, Lathe Project Log > Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end
Page 124 of 184 2474114122123124125126134174
Results 2,461 to 2,480 of 3662
    Quote Originally Posted by handlewanker View Post
    Hi......I've got USB troubles too......my HP Pavilion with Win7 64 bit has 6 USB ports....4 on the back and 2 on the front........2 on the back stopped working......grrrrrrrr....now I have to plug in to a front one.......am I missing something or is this just a system set up thing?

I have to wonder now if having USB for the connection to the mill is such a good idea.

I hear also that XP is good for the mill, whereas Win 7 can have problems.........make my day, I have the Mach 3 trial on the Win 7 desktop and intend to take it out to the garage to hook up for a test run.
    Ian.
    Ive heard a lot of ppl having same issues with Hp pavilions, it's most definitely the USB driver/hardware that's the issue.

Re: Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end

Hi.......just came home with an Acer Verizon D461 quad core 2.4 Ghz, 2Gb, 160Gb, Win 7 64 bit computer etc etc..... saw it on EBAY this avo going BIN for $109....they had dozens of them, probably bought up as a dealers lot at auction ......with free Dell USB keyboard, Lenovo USB mouse and hook up cable if you picked it up, so hopefully it'll be good to go as soon as Mach 3 is on it.

I have to wonder if going to Win 10 will work too, as that seems to be the flavour of the month in many quarters......it's all new to me, so I just have to go with the flow.
    Ian.

Hi.......just came home with an Acer Verizon D461 quad core 2.4 Ghz, 2Gb, 160Gb, Win 7 64 bit computer etc etc..... saw it on EBAY this avo going BIN for $109....they had dozens of them, probably bought up as a dealers lot at auction ......with free Dell USB keyboard, Lenovo USB mouse and hook up cable if you picked it up, so hopefully it'll be good to go as soon as Mach 3 is on it.

I have to wonder if going to Win 10 will work too, as that seems to be the flavour of the month in many quarters......it's all new to me, so I just have to go with the flow.
    Ian.
    Nice that's a good price, but I'd stick to 7. Win 10 compatability mode has some way to go before doing what it's supposed to.

Either something like that, or alternatively have you seen the micro pc's, you can pick up a 4 core 3gb ram win 7 250gb hd USB 3 wifi and inbuilt graphics with hd out for around £100. And they are tiny, fit in your hand! literally lose it easily inside your control box.

Don't really know how these perform, wether they are powerful enough to run Mach 3. Would like to hear if anyone has tried it, But very tempting not having a tower taking up space.

Hi Jon....I see you quote in pounds Sterling.......that mini computer would probably cost about $200 in OZ........with specs like that and the size it has to be a bottler....er.... that is it's gotta be good......who makes it?

Hee Hee.......just had the new(ish) computer wired up and running.......I also managed to get onto the 'net and download the trial version of Mach 3, so now it's green for go tomorrow with the mill.

Yes, I will be staying on Win 7, no sense in pushing the envelope over the cliff edge....in my case.

One question comes to mind........where do you actually create the G code files.....by hand writing them...... to make the mill perform?
    Ian.

Ian, I thought you were going to start your own thread about your mill once you received it. What gives??
    As for Gcode, notepad works well.

Hi Jon....I see you quote in pounds Sterling.......that mini computer would probably cost about $200 in OZ........with specs like that and the size it has to be a bottler....er.... that is it's gotta be good......who makes it?

Hee Hee.......just had the new(ish) computer wired up and running.......I also managed to get onto the 'net and download the trial version of Mach 3, so now it's green for go tomorrow with the mill.

Yes, I will be staying on Win 7, no sense in pushing the envelope over the cliff edge....in my case.

One question comes to mind........where do you actually create the G code files.....by hand writing them...... to make the mill perform?
    Ian.

lol you can write them into notepad, or you need a cam. Fusion 360 is free and very good for learning.

is our pound really still that strong? wow you got your pc dirt cheap. get in.

This is the kinda thing i was talking about :Stoga WBOX Windows8.1 Mini Pc Intelbox Quad Core: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

There are quite a few about quad core windows 8.1 versions around which will work with mach 3 at that price now.

Having said that i just went on oz amazon and there not much besides books on there. that suks. so don't know where you'd need to go to get one.

Or you can pick these windows 8.1 tablets up cheap @ £150 that would run mach 3 giving you touchscreen http://www.amazon.co.uk/Toshiba-Encore-8-inch-Tablet-Windows-x/dp/B00GNBAL36/ref=sr_1_10?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1446477780&sr=1-10&keywords=windows+8.1+tablet+usb

Quote Originally Posted by Jon.N.CNC View Post
    Nice that's a good price, but I'd stick to 7
    id actually go back to xp. win 7 ive had a number of issues with in mach3. par port driver quirks and keyboard strangeness.

Ian.
    Hi Ian you can try gcode performing in "mdi" mode , for exemple to move your tool from this current position to an other just by live writing a code line in the mdi and press enter, or like said before write a full program in notepad then load it "as a program" and run the program to follow your code.

You may open a dedicated thread

Hi.....notepad.......that makes sense to me.......as it's late in the day I'll play with that for a bit to see what I can dream up......I have Fusion 360 on my computer also, so I'll have a look at that too......still trying to work out what MDI means.........machinist's direct input?......my direct input?.......miscellaneous direct input?
    Ian.

Handlewanker, you setting up and learning Gcode has nothing to do with showing me how to build CNC machine from beginning to end.
    PLEASE, start your own thread.
    MDI = Manual Data Input.

Did you not prepare yourself prior to receiving your mill???

You have alot to learn so do it in separate thread. Do you know how to do that???
    This thread is no longer representing its title content and failed in the most part to show the completed machine being build.

Ok.....when I start to make chips I'll post.

If the thread in the "most part" failed to enlighten you to the very successful design of a sophisticated CNC mill build, I guess then you came in late to the show and missed the early important parts where the machine(s), but mainly the SVM-0 type, were being developed from the ground up to the final builds that got sold.
    Ian.

If you are referring to the castings being "the build", then OK. But "from beginning to end"???
    Show me how you made the enclosure, or how you mounted the drives and how the wiring was done and what kind of cooling system you chose and what options you will incorporate into " your advanced and superior design".
    Can you see where I'm going with this.????
    Many have built their own machines here and have gone in depth in "showing how they did it".
    Defeng is happy each time this thread gets bumped up, as it's free advertisement for his company. That's where his genius is showing.
    The moderators here need to start acting like they know what they're doing and lock this thread as nothing new has been posted by the original poster about " the build".

Myself, being a manufacturer, am really wondering if I started a thread similar to this, would I be given the same treatment as this SVMO thread. They didn't for gio666 and his machines. As soon as nothing new was implemented in his designs, they locked the thread.

Time to lock this one.

I agree he should have His own Area like tormach etc

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Definitly need a Skyfire cnc section in the forum , but please don't be negative about this thread guy's , don't you prefer a thread alife like this one ? And i have to add one thing , Defeng is working hard he take a lot of photos but don't have the time for now to post but he will there is many news coming soon but it takes time it's not just a throwing of pictures ,it takes time to explain etc...

No one is being negative just stating facts.

I am encouraging handlewanker to start his own thread and if you think he can't keep his thread alive, then you haven't paid attention to this one.
    The subject being discussed on this thread are no longer relevant in showing me or anyone else, how to copy and build the machine...of course tongue in cheek.

Quote Originally Posted by G59 View Post
    No one is being negative just stating facts.

I am encouraging handlewanker to start his own thread and if you think he can't keep his thread alive, then you haven't paid attention to this one.
    The subject being discussed on this thread are no longer relevant in showing me or anyone else, how to copy and build the machine...of course tongue in cheek.
    Well , i'm encouraging him too , and I think nothing , forgot about my last post ! Sorry for this misunderstanding , I 'll kept my thoughts for me in the future for this thread , ( just tried to give /share some positive, )

You know, Mach 3 comes with Gcode already in it. There are 6 .tap files in the Gcode folder inside the Mach3 folder. Just load any of those up and have fun. Let us know the results in your own thread. Hint, hint. winky winky.
    Lee

Hi G59

This is not the military or anything like that; it's an Internet chat forum, where people chat about a subject. As such, we expect to include some peripheral subjects. No-one 'owns' a thread; we all just contribute.

In this case the subject is roughly the whole saga about the Skyfire machines, their (protracted) birth and construction, and delivery and making operational and even learning how to use one. Sure, Ian is posting a lot in this saga about his SVM, but so far the thread has managed to stay moderately close to the central theme: getting an SVM built, delivered, hooked up and running. For many novices to CNC, the entire thread is relevant. Or even, dare I say it, entertaining!

Cheers
    Roger
    PS: Ian: skip W8! Forget W10 as well. Stay with W7.

The lack of posts from those who have received machines, has me wondering if the Skyfire machine is not living up to expectations.

Or they could be too busy making things to post about it.

Page 124 of 184 2474114122123124125126134174