587,467 active members*
4,838 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Dmm Technology > DMM and Mach4 problems

Hybrid View

Re: DMM and Mach4 problems

The way you configure Mach4 with ESS is very different than Mach3. Look on Mach forum and you will find instructions on the process.

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by CNCMAN172 View Post
    The way you configure Mach4 with ESS is very different than Mach3. Look on Mach forum and you will find instructions on the process.

Russ

I followed the instructions from this video to setup the ess to communicate with it. It shows the correct led with a solid and fast flashing one also.

I used the other warp9 video to configure the motors and estop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEuxOf2kuR8

The estop works on the screen but I don't hear the click when I reset on the dmm board like I do in Mach3. Mach4 thinks the motors are moving but they don't. I did each step exactly as it was on the videos. Really not sure what to do...

Quote Originally Posted by gt40 View Post
    The estop works on the screen but I don't hear the click when I reset on the dmm board like I do in Mach3. Mach4 thinks the motors are moving but they don't. Really not sure what to do...
    Something to try, disconnect the Estop, and use a jumper across the Estop on the Breakout Board, and see if you get the Relay reset, (click on the Board) this must reset or nothing will work, how do you have the Ports and pins set for the Estop, So play with the Estop settings until you get it to Reset on the Breakout Board, once you get this reset working, on the Board, then reconnect the Estop wiring, if the Estop wiring is then correct,you will hear the Reset on the Breakout Board, this must happen before anything will work, this is part of the safety circuit
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Something to try, disconnect the Estop, and use a jumper across the Estop on the Breakout Board, and see if you get the Relay reset, (click on the Board) this must reset or nothing will work, how do you have the Ports and pins set for the Estop, So play with the Estop settings until you get it to Reset on the Breakout Board, once you get this reset working, on the Board, then reconnect the Estop wiring, if the Estop wiring is then correct,you will hear the Reset on the Breakout Board, this must happen before anything will work, this is part of the safety circuit
    Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately, I can confirm that jumping the estop did not work. I have previously done that trouble shooting mach3. Considering that I can reset the estop running mach3 but not mach4, it pretty much eliminates a hardware/wiring issue. If I am in mach4 though and hit estop, it shows triggered on the computer but I don't hear the click. I tried making it neg on both the ess config and in the mach config setting like they did as an example of what not to do in the 2nd warp9 video above and it was the same also.