587,711 active members*
4,105 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Re: Chinese K3020 (DC 40, K40) Surprisingly Good!

Nice job on the printed add-ons. Would you be interested in printing and selling another set? I bought that same system yesterday from eBay and have already purchased the air-assist, honeycomb, lens and mirror upgrades from Lightobject. I love how clean your setup looks and would like for mine to look the same. Hopefully the system I'm getting will be as good as yours is and I won't have any issues.

Re: Chinese K3020 (DC 40, K40) Surprisingly Good!

The carriage and x-end parts would be really cheap to make and ship, the exhaust adapter is pretty big though, that took a fair amount of material and time to make. There is a laser cut design for a similar adapter on Thingiverse that would be easier to make without access to a 3d printer.

I forgot to mention, the cable chains are the 10mm size ones from LightObject, the original design for these parts was for a 7mm cable chain but the only 7mm ones i could find were on eBay from China and would have taken weeks to get here. I can't take full credit for the 3d printed parts, i found them on Thingiverse but then had to modify them to fit this newer model as they were hitting the back wall before the home switch, i guess the K40 and DC40 before it had the switch farther forward or the back wall was in a different position. So i ended up using them as a base for a redesign to fit mine.

The air inlet i made as well, its just a quick connect fitting for 1/4" tubing on the outside and a 1/4" barb on the inside screwed together with that little orange panel inbetween and attached over the existing open hole that was on the back of the cabinet.

-