Quote Originally Posted by DRUMCO View Post
Kind of funny seeing your hassle... I went thru the same hassle but down to Daytona Bch Florida... what a mess...they could do so much better with all the details ironed out BEFORE shipment etc. lol. I was wondering though, I got a CD and a PCI Card in a tote which you probably also received, but the Installation for NCSTUDIO is in Chinese... did yours happen to be in English? and what is your progress so far are you up and running? I purchased the 3 Head 4x8 with vac hold down. Maybe we can work together on somethings I'm in the Marine Industry. Ive been in touch with Mandy at JCUT but with time difference there is very little useful support....

Thanks in Advance,
Art
Hi Art,

I did not get NC Studio, nor did I have a PCI card or anything like that in the bin they supplied. All I had in the bin was a CD-R with mach3 on it and some screen shots for the initial settings i should apply to mach. There were no instructions, i just figured it out by digging through the files on the cd. I too am a complete newb when it comes to most of this stuff. I have figured out how to setup soft stops and run some basic wizard programs on my machine like for milling the table and for doing c-sink holes for MDF hold downs. I still have a long way to go in learning artcam and and any other CAM software I end up using. I am running into an issue with post-processors. I am using a standard Fanuc post processor with solidcam at the moment but it seems that the settings for the machining envelope size are not correct. Maybe I just thought it was going to crash last time and those settings are not part of the post at all?

If at all possible, I would try to download NCStudio from somewhere else. On the CD they sent, you should have a license file somewhere that you will need to put in the proper directory even after you install the software from some other source. PM me and I'd be more than happy to help if I can!