587,828 active members*
3,044 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Boss Y axis support bearing size?

I have about 2 thou backlash in my Y axis, coming from the ballscrew support bearings. I hate to tear it apart to see what size they are so I can order some. Does anyone have the bearing number (not BP part number) ?
    Its a boss 3 with the large cnc type table and I don't believe they changed bearing sizes over the years for that table type.

Thanks !
    George

Re: Boss Y axis support bearing size?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky_NY View Post
    I have about 2 thou backlash in my Y axis, coming from the ballscrew support bearings. I hate to tear it apart to see what size they are so I can order some. Does anyone have the bearing number (not BP part number) ?
    Its a boss 3 with the large cnc type table and I don't believe they changed bearing sizes over the years for that table type.

Thanks !
    George
    I don't have the size, but there are 2 precision AC Bearing mounted Back to Back, ( if they are not to worn to bad, you could adjust them with a shim or by Grinding ) Something to try, there is a preload ring behind the timing pulley, that has 4 SHCS you could try to tighten these 4 cap-screws to see if that helps
    Mactec54

I have seen that setup before in other bridgeports. I would like to find the bearing number so I can have them onhand when I go in there. Its old enough that it would be no surprise the bearings would be bad.

I have seen that setup before in other bridgeports. I would like to find the bearing number so I can have them onhand when I go in there. Its old enough that it would be no surprise the bearings would be bad.
    I have a new Ballscrew, so I can measure the ID diameter so it is 25x52 x15 for the Bearing here is a link to some they come from many different manufacturers

BSB2025DUHP3 - Precision Angular Contact - 25x52x15
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    I have a new Ballscrew, so I cam measure the ID diameter so it is 25x52 x15 for the Bearing here is a link to some they come from many different manufacturers

BSB2025DUHP3 - Precision Angular Contact - 25x52x15
    Thanks much ! Its bigger than I expected. I found a online forum thread where it was said the BP boss Y axis was a 7204 size, which is only 20x47. The X bearing are much much larger being a rotating nut type.

Thanks much ! Its bigger than I expected. I found a online forum thread where it was said the BP boss Y axis was a 7204 size, which is only 20x47. The X bearing are much much larger being a rotating nut type.
    The 20x47 is what the manual machines have for the Hiwin Ballscrew Kits

Yes the X axes is a 50x80x16
    Mactec54

Very much appreciate the info Martec ! Thanks again.