I will have to pull the cover off the Z axis of the router and see if there is a secondary regulator. I don't think there is one. I am also seeing that if I am to continue trying to get the new VFD to work better on the router I will need to change some more wiring. As I was starting to see the spindle work a little more than just a minute yesterday, I was having some intermitent problems with the contactors loosing power. I thought about it for a minute, then I thought, Oh yeah, that makes sense. This thing was wired to run 380 volts through 3 wires, I am now trying to run all the same stuff on 220 using only 2 wires. So, not only am I running twice the current, I am also trying to squeeze twice the current through less wire. So, I am starting to think I am going to just order up the rotary phase converter and transformer. Then I will continue running the main motor drives, and controller with the single phase 220, and then run the old VFD that came with the machine which should already be programmed to run correctly, with the phase converter/transformer combo. Its more money, but it should run just fine if I do that, the spindle should run full speed, assuming the vfd has actually been flashed to run 600hz.

Anyone wanna buy a 7.5kw 220 to 380 vfd?