587,865 active members*
3,118 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Re: 6'X12' DynaTorch build log

Quote Originally Posted by Torchhead View Post
    Wow WSS, you still using that plasma every day? Someday if you ever decide you might want to upgrade it to a later control system get in touch with me. The controls have evolved and the Software, and hardware are all in their 5th generation. We went to LINUX over a year ago and the current DTHCIV is many times faster and more responsive than the MACH3 version you are running.
    I know it's coming. I'm still running xp and an old refurbed dell optiplex you sold with the unit. Will your new system work with my Hypertherm 1650 (running a duramax torch)?
    www.metaltechus.com

Hi WSS,

Give me a call and let me know if I can help with anything.

It's been awhile since we talked and I'm just curious how everything is going

Gary Wittlock

Quote Originally Posted by gwittlock View Post
    Hi WSS,

Give me a call and let me know if I can help with anything.

It's been awhile since we talked and I'm just curious how everything is going

Gary Wittlock
    Hello Gary! Everything is going good. V21 is getting easier for me know. Once I realized that I was still referencing v20 database, all the lights turned green.

When our shop slows a bit this winter, I'll connect with you for some short(er) cut training.

WSS
    www.metaltechus.com

Quote Originally Posted by WSS View Post
    I know it's coming. I'm still running xp and an old refurbed dell optiplex you sold with the unit. Will your new system work with my Hypertherm 1650 (running a duramax torch)?
    YEP!. In fact we can probably just update the front end controls and you can continue to use the power section , drivers and motors.

Quote Originally Posted by Torchhead View Post
    YEP!. In fact we can probably just update the front end controls and you can continue to use the power section , drivers and motors.
    I need to do this soon. I have threatened to quit cutting a few times lately to focus on managing our Carbide surfacing shop, but some job shows up that I cannot refuse ($$) and off I go cutting again.
    www.metaltechus.com

Quote Originally Posted by WSS View Post
    I need to do this soon. I have threatened to quit cutting a few times lately to focus on managing our Carbide surfacing shop, but some job shows up that I cannot refuse ($$) and off I go cutting again.
    HI WSS,

As always I will be ready when you are. I will be waiting for your call.