Quote Originally Posted by ovisopa View Post
I have the 2.2kw water cooled spindle and I'm very happy with it, it's almost 5 years since I use it daily and it's still running nice. I don't know why but until I added an mist emulsion system to my router, I wasn't able to easily mill aluminum, but after purchasing a spray like cheap system, wow .. that's the only thing I could say Also the milling strategy helped (trochoidal plugin for cambam) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8ZTBkfLXOQ

So, build your router so the table can be waterproof, and somewhere at the back make some groves or holes to collect the emulsion inside a tank, to recirculate it. This was big for me regarding milling aluminum !!!! Realy really important. I tried only with compressed air but it didn't work unfortunately.

Good luck.
I apreciate the feedback. It semms a quite larger machine than the one that i'm building though. I am limited in space.

Reading this thread i realized that the huan yang vfd are reliable and cheap, strong combination.

If anyone can confirm that there are no issues, or even, is better to have a 3 kw vfd with an 0.8-1.5 kw spindle would be nice.

My intuition is pointing this way but a qualified/experienced opinion would be very helpful. Thanks!!