The washdown hose mentioned in last post is just made from a regular garden sprayer. I'm looking for one in aluminum that can withstand coolant but I'm sure this $5 will last a while anyways. Really cheap and handy addition to the machine to be able to wash down the chips to the conveyor after use. When I was washing the tank I aslo emptied the tank into 25 liters buckets for disposal with this gun and the pump in the machine. Just had to rise the tray on one and so the coolant was higher over at the pump side and it was no problem to almost completely empty it with the internal pump.

To clean out the machine I followed the Haas video in previous post. First I used water + alkaline cleaner and washed down the whole inside of the machine. I let this mix run for 2-3hours to clean out old hoses/lines. Then I emptied that mix and filled the tray with 2% mix of Blaser bcool 755 coolant and ran the machine for 2-3 hours washing down everything one more time. Emptied that out again and filled up with 8% mix of Blaser Bcool 755. The pain in this process was that the tray is so big that I had to fill it with atleast 50-60liters to be able to run the pump properly so I now have over 100liters I need to dispose. Someone told me that I can cook that stuff outside to extract all the water so it's easier cheaper to dispose I might do something like that. For now I just run to my neighbor to get some big cans to store it in

Then the next problem was figuring out how the coolant was supposed to work from the machine control. The pump started running immediately after powerup the machine. This was a bit annoying so I had a look in the ladder program again. The Y49.3 output on the first line here is the coolant valve for the splash coolant and the Y048.1 is the main coolant pump. A short version is that they have used diagnostic 484 to setup how the pump/valve works. Like it was setup the pump was always on and the valve was triggered with a M08 command. I changed one bit (484.0) and then the pump and valve is both triggered by the M08 command only running when they are told to. If my valve was working it would make sense to have it like it was setup but I need to fix that before I can use it.

When I added air to the control valve I discovered that it was blowing air into the coolant. After disassembly I see that there are at least two o-rings that are damaged so I either have to find a new valve or a new gasket set for this one. The O-ring I had stocked but the seal below the "piston" is probably special SMC part so I didn't find this anywhere on short notice. Will ask SMC for a gasket kit.