588,396 active members*
5,233 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Huanyang 2.2kw vfd tripping and start up

Hybrid View

Unfortunately the HY clones are cheap knockoffs and won’t last very long. We did the same thing going on with 4 of those HY series vfd’s. Even set right they will randomly shut down and need to be reset. One of them we received wasn’t grounded properly from the pcb to chassis and threw a awful large arc followed by a pop sounding like a capacitor blew.. No damage and it still runs but we’re investing into much better vfd’s. I imagine if you haven’t already noticed you will have difficulty with any remote add on functioning properly. I would recommend finding a better quality vfd.

Quote Originally Posted by R0bc View Post
    It did yes but the manual in its self isn't much use as it just simply tells you the default values for the parameters and not so much what things should actually be. I've managed to figure out why it was flashing numbers at me as the startup frequency was set to 01 which is a potentiometer and not 02 which is panel button so thus still leaves why it is tripping the breaker.

[IMG]http://www.cnczone.com/forums/attachment.php

attachmentid=367458&stc=1[/IMG]

Re: Huanyang 2.2kw vfd tripping and start up

Quote Originally Posted by Uguessedit View Post
    Unfortunately the HY clones are cheap knockoffs and won’t last very long. We did the same thing going on with 4 of those HY series vfd’s. Even set right they will randomly shut down and need to be reset. One of them we received wasn’t grounded properly from the pcb to chassis and threw a awful large arc followed by a pop sounding like a capacitor blew.. No damage and it still runs but we’re investing into much better vfd’s. I imagine if you haven’t already noticed you will have difficulty with any remote add on functioning properly. I would recommend finding a better quality vfd.
    There is nothing wrong with the Huanyang VFD if you get the genuine VFD, it is easy to tell the difference between the copies and the real thing, the real Huanyang has 2 rows of Terminals as the copies only have 1 Row, Huanyang Snip below if it does not look like this it is a copy

Never buy a Spindle that only has a 3 pin power connector, these are for China only, anyone that does buy a spindle with a 3 pin connector would have to change the Plug to a 4 Pin or add a Ground point on the Spindle Body
    Mactec54