587,735 active members*
2,834 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > Milltronics P1 VFD meltdown

Hybrid View

Re: Milltronics P1 VFD meltdown

Didn't see all your first reply a cf adapter can be fussy and I have seen where you have to set them a master and your hd as slave, how big is your cf card?

Do you have a SBC card with a backplane?

I have also had to use different brand CF cards on occasion.

you should be able to put your newer control in the spare box worst case scenario would be getting acroloop.hex files from Milltronics if the ones from the older control do not work correctly with the CSM setup.

They only charged me $100 the same as they want if you request a parameter backup file to be emailed to you IF they have it on file.

Re: Milltronics P1 VFD meltdown

Quote Originally Posted by rl49 View Post
    Didn't see all your first reply a cf adapter can be fussy and I have seen where you have to set them a master and your hd as slave, how big is your cf card?

Do you have a SBC card with a backplane?

I have also had to use different brand CF cards on occasion.

you should be able to put your newer control in the spare box worst case scenario would be getting acroloop.hex files from Milltronics if the ones from the older control do not work correctly with the CSM setup.

They only charged me $100 the same as they want if you request a parameter backup file to be emailed to you IF they have it on file.
    I finally got the CF adapter to boot. Somehow I managed to screw up the original hard drive so it forced me to take a different route. I put the CF card in and booted from the DOS 6.22 disk, once I installed 6.22 via the floppy to the CF card everything started to work.

Before I was using format /s and fdisk /mbr and then copying over all the files from the original hard disk. In my mind, this should have worked but it didn't. Maybe I should have copied everything but command.com.

What do you mean by backplane? Isn't the SBC upgrade just ditching the sim card, using a hard drive and a newer/faster mother board?

I still have 4 cards plugged into the mother board, one graphics card and 3 motion cards.