587,316 active members*
3,440 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Which Spindle and VFD... again

Hybrid View

Re: Which Spindle and VFD... again

For ease of install is the main reason for going air cooled. Also since I have an MDF wasteboard and the possibility of leakage is a corncern.

So I’m a little confused on how I can go to a 3.5kw that uses the same VFD as a 2.2kw spindle 300hz. The VFD would have enough power for the spindle upgrade?

So my understanding between “Chinese” products and the manufacturing is that the Chinese may make some products but are held to higher standards when manufacturing for other companies. If they are manufacturing for themselves the standards are lower, maybe a misnomer.

I tend to avoid Chinese electronics for that reason they use inferior components in their product although they may work but longevity/safety and dependability is a question for me.

That discussion is for another thread though.
    Gecko G540, Rack and Pinion Drives-X and A axis, 1/2-10 5 Start Acme-Z Axis
    4-THK HSR 25 Linear Slides, KL23H2100-35-4B, Power Supply-KL-600-48 48V

Quote Originally Posted by adam_m View Post

So my understanding between “Chinese” products and the manufacturing is that the Chinese may make some products but are held to higher standards when manufacturing for other companies. If they are manufacturing for themselves the standards are lower, maybe a misnomer.

I tend to avoid Chinese electronics for that reason they use inferior components in their product although they may work but longevity/safety and dependability is a question for me.

It is a general advice (on this forum) to buy a more powerful VFD than motor. Not necessary if you have a better VFD, but may be necessary if you go for the Huanyang or similar brandless because they may not deliver as promised by the specs, they are often labelled on the optimistic side...

Made in China is not a quality indicator today, but Made for eBay definitely is. If it is made for eBay then you can count on them as lottery, but for most people it does not matter because they work. Mactec pays his bills repairing those, so of course he advocates the cheapo Huanyang. I also try to avoid Chinese products but for other reasons. In general you can NEVER say that something is good or bad just because it is made in one country or the other. Anyway, you wanted a list and I gave you one, which included what I have, because I KNOW it is VERY high quality.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
    It is a general advice (on this forum) to buy a more powerful VFD than motor. Not necessary if you have a better VFD, but may be necessary
    Some more quotes, that are not correct, showing your lack of knowledge on the subject, you are now saying you know more than the manufactures do, and have only used / installed ( 1 ) VFD Drive ever

All Manufactures recommend to use a larger rated VFD Drive, it does not matter what Brand name it is, if it is not Single Phase Rated, 3 Phase VFD Drives that are NOT rated for Single Phase have to be 1Hp to 2 HP Rated larger than the Spindle /Motor being driven

Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
    Mactec pays his bills repairing those, so of course he advocates the cheapo Huanyang. .
    I don't have bills, to pay, so not sure where you are coming from with you arrogance

Actually I have not repaired any for some time, so more of your nonsense , the only time they needed repair was form incorrect Parameter setting, by the operator, I look at just as many other brand name VFD Drives for repair, so has noting to do with the quality, the Huanyang has reached the same standards as any other VFD, even your made in China Bosch

I don't use a Huanyang VFD myself, I use Yaskawa and buy them 20 at a time
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by adam_m View Post
    For ease of install is the main reason for going air cooled. Also since I have an MDF wasteboard and the possibility of leakage is a corncern.

So I’m a little confused on how I can go to a 3.5kw that uses the same VFD as a 2.2kw spindle 300hz. The VFD would have enough power for the spindle upgrade?

Confused, No you would need the right sized VFD to match the Spindle motor

No that is not correct the Chinese electronics are no more inferior than any other electronics that are made, in most cases they are using the same components for there VFD Drives, the Spindle you are looking at is made in China, as most are, the same spindle made by other manufactures in other countries would be 3 time the price and not a whole lot better
    Mactec54