588,510 active members*
5,488 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Re: Teensy Up/Down Torch Height Control

Quote Originally Posted by tjb1 View Post
    Well it's not exactly lower voltages I'm concerned with. When I was doing the testing in the video it appeared the voltage was dropping down to around 90v after the pierce and move to initial height probably due to the angle of the sheet and because it was below 100 the Teensy never sent a signal. I just picked a range of 100-150 because I didn't see anything below 116 in the manual for 45 amps and assumed wrongly that it wouldn't drop that fast that I couldn't compensate. I would still like to maybe block outputs if it exceeds a certain value past the target but that might only be a good idea in stopping the torch from dropping rather than going up, I guess I will look at +-X number from target or a percentage of the target for blocking. UCCNC does have anti-dive commands and feed rate locks for the THC and it's my understanding the THC signals are handled by the controller (UC100), not sent back and forth between the computer and controller, so it acts quite quickly on the signals.
    as said, if you are using the THC enable delay from your controller, you should wait a bit before enabling thc. This voltage plot on 8mm plate might help understand whats going on. I use a 1.5s delay on this material.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot at 2018-07-07 13:46:10.jpg  
    Rod Webster
    www.vehiclemods.net.au