588,081 active members*
4,968 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Free Delrin

Hybrid View

Re: Free Delrin

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Seebold View Post
    I want to be in an area where I can rent a small (600 to 700 sq. ft.) industrial building where I can set up my Tormach and conventional lathe.
    Any of those areas would be good for that. You would just have to look around a bit for the right fit. If it's in the budget, buying a place with a shop already on it would be my first choice. Rural residential property with shops is pretty common in this general area.
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dawson View Post
    Any of those areas would be good for that. You would just have to look around a bit for the right fit. If it's in the budget, buying a place with a shop already on it would be my first choice. Rural residential property with shops is pretty common in this general area.
    I like the idea of the shop on the property but I’m almost 75 years old and I thought what do I do with the shop when I get ready to hang it up. I don’t think I want to have a 6 or 700 sq. ft. building that just sits there empty.

I’ve been working in my garage by myself for almost 8 years, and now I want to get in a shop where people come around.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Seebold View Post
    I like the idea of the shop on the property but I’m almost 75 years old and I thought what do I do with the shop when I get ready to hang it up. I don’t think I want to have a 6 or 700 sq. ft. building that just sits there empty.

I’ve been working in my garage by myself for almost 8 years, and now I want to get in a shop where people come around.
    I understand. I'm 70 so getting up there also. The difference is that I keep buying more stuff and I don't have any room left in a 1200 sq/ft shop. But my son works with me or maybe I should say I kinda work for him, and we just hired a young lad of 19.

I'm sure you can find a suitable building somewhere in the area. To get a place that small you might have to share shop space with someone, most commercial type shop spaces start out at least 1000 sq/ft, at least the ones I can find with a quick search. My youngest son has talked about renting out a large bay in his auto shop, so you might be able to find something like that.
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

welding machine, electric cooking stove etc, I dont think a 240 volt ten amp service would handle that??

240 volt 3 phase in a residential setting just doesnt happen here that I am aware of......
    mike sr