Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
I wouldn't worry about it, as Avid will provide excellent support for it.
There are probably well over 100,000 Mach3 users, and anyone that's used both will tell you that Mach4 is much better.
Mach4 was based on Fanuc code, so you shouldn't have any issues with it.

And keep in mind that WinCNC is about $2000-$3000, depending on options. Mach4 is $200, plus another $200 for the ESS that Avid uses with it. So that's part of the price difference between the Camaster and AvidCNC.
Thanks for the info. As you know Post Processors can do weird things at times, so it's nice to know some G-Code to make quick line edits. I had read online that the cut path was far superior on both WinCNC and UCCNC - Can find quite a bit of Mach 3 info, not so much on Mach 4

Will definitely be challenging going from full on CNC mills and Lathes to a CNC Router. Hopefully less headache as well with a simple controller.

I think this setup will do more than I need......overall I think it's a better TOTAL package than Camaster Stinger and ShopSabre those are both great machines, just cant justify the price to get my 4x4 and still have to upgrade to a spindle. With the Avid setup I can get the larger steppers, spindle and the 4x4 table for a fair price.