Quote Originally Posted by dub_cnc View Post
Hello, I am in the final stages of upgrading my CNC router to a Chinese spindle (GDZ80X73-2.2) with Huanyang VFD (HY02D223B). I wired everything while I was waiting for my double shileded 16/4 cable to arrive in the mail. I set all the PDxxx's to the appropriate values for my spindle (400Hz, 220v, 6A...). I was able to set up Mach3 to turn on the VFD in FORward and REVerse and control its speed through PWM using the 0-10v output of my BOB. Problem is, when I got my cable and connected it to the spindle (grounding the shield at both ends) I was able to run the spindle from the minimum speed to the maximum speed I set (140Hz-400Hz) in the FORWARD direction ONLY. As soon I as try to REVERSE the frequency on the VFD struggles to increase and I see it flash an overcurrent error. If I let it run a few seconds it finally stops and gives me the E.oA.A error which I think means overcurrent at acceleration. The spindle moves freely in either direction if turned by hand and I have measured the resistance across the phases and everything seems ok. The spindle was running CCW so I changed 2 of the phase connections to get it to spin CW. Now it spins CW but I can't get it to reverse without getting the same errors. I am assuming this is a problem with the VFD maybe its deffective or maybe there is a setting that I am missing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
If you have a 2.2Kw spindle then your Amp setting would be to low, 8.5 to 9 Amps is the norm for a 2.2Kw 220v spindle

I would say you have some Parameter not set correct, you have no need to be running this spindle in reverse for normal use

There is a Parameter that blocks Reverse operation and this should be set, It also could be that your wiring is incorrect for the spindle as well

The normal wiring for these spindles is

Pin 1=U
Pin 2=V
Pin 3=W
Pin 4= Ground have you checked that the 4th pin is Ground to the spindle body if it is not you need to correct this as well